Illicit Downloaders Repent with Piracy Payback

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

^^ Exactly, sounds like a scam to catch people who are pirating... hahah dumb asses

G

idiotic would be a very gentle way to describe the idea and its creator

jaybus

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006
It doesn't sound like an MPAA/RIAA conspiracy theory. I'm sure Drew just plans on taking about 90% as an administrative fee.

nexuseclipse

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
Wouldn't just buying a legal copy of the pirated software make you feel better? Not sure this thing will take off. When people really feel guilty, they just buy it afterwards.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
Id have to feel so guilty that I couldn't even get to sleep in order to even thingk about donating to those that have more than enough money already... But yeah, funny thing to ask to donate from pirates :) Robinhood is finctional you know. And he gave to the poor. Lees not confuse those basic things please.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
There's a nice way that the companies can try to go instead of suing people left and right! Adapt something like this and make it legitimate.

myriad46

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2008
How about donations go to a team of lawyers that help defend those of us that have pirated when the RIAA catches us.

tomax

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
I downloaded Mass Effect and couldnt get the crack to work, so i bought the game. Does that count? Am I sinner? Should I donate more to the innocent publishers i so heiniously wronged?

one-shot

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
[citation][nom]tomax[/nom]I downloaded Mass Effect and couldnt get the crack to work, so i bought the game. Does that count? Am I sinner? Should I donate more to the innocent publishers i so heiniously wronged?[/citation]

So you're saying you should be innocent if you stole someone's TV only to find out it didn't work when you got it home. Then you went out and bought a new one. You still committed a crime. I'm not innocent either, but your statement is ridiculous.

tomax

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]one-shot[/nom]So you're saying you should be innocent if you stole someone's TV only to find out it didn't work when you got it home. Then you went out and bought a new one. You still committed a crime. I'm not innocent either, but your statement is ridiculous.[/citation]

apparently sarcasm doesn't translate well into text.
iaa a

nun

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009
wtf why would we give money to these corporate scumbags why not just donate to a greater cause like the kids in africa that go hungury though the money probably never gets there anyway

thackstonns

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
[citation][nom]one-shot[/nom]So you're saying you should be innocent if you stole someone's TV only to find out it didn't work when you got it home. Then you went out and bought a new one. You still committed a crime. I'm not innocent either, but your statement is ridiculous.[/citation]

No the correct analagy is if he built a copy of someones tv. only to find out that the exact copy didnt work, So he went out and bought one. So yeah as far as I am conserned its fair. and you are ridiculous. Piracy is not the same as stealing. When will people realize that.

Status
Not open for further replies.