I'm begging you for suggestions. Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerm3993

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
I NEED a laptop for college. A good laptop that I am okay with bringing into every classroom to take notes. I've been researching for 2 weeks and I'm sick of it. I need a laptop that can game. I would love to have a gtx770. Must have fourth gen intel of course.
MUST have decent battery life and not weight 500 freaking pounds.
PLEASE give me suggestions. Anything. I've heard 510p is good and i've also heard it overheats, sli sucks, and battery life sucks. I need a good freaking overall laptop, so please help me before I tear my hair out.
budget: no more then 1500 range. PLEASE HELP ME I'M BEGGING YOU

rjackowens

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012

Why are you so dead set on a 4th generation Intel? 3rd generations are great, and even 2nd gens are far from becoming obsolete. You might be able to save money and maybe get a even more powerful machine if you go with an older CPU

jerm3993

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
I want something that doesn't weigh so much. A 14inch laptop would be great, but im fine with 15 and 17 as long as it's light.

someguy827

Honorable
May 28, 2013
i was in the same situation as you, then i realized that gaming laptops are a complete rip off. so now im building a gaming pc and using my moms three year old laptop for school.

rjackowens

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012

I agree. Most gaming PC's try to "do it all", with ramped up specs and OC parts. However, this usually means they are heavy, bulky, have very limited component lifetimes, and look rather ugly (not true for all gaming laptops though). If I were you, I would get a cheap laptop/ultrabook (have you considered a tablet), and then as someguy827 said, build your own gaming PC. As a college student, this would probably suit you best down the road in case of hardware failure in either a PC or laptop because you will have a backup device to use.

You might have your mind set on a gaming laptop, but personally I think you would be better off with a desktop PC and if you can afford it, a cheap laptop with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS