Solved! I'm looking for an app that shows ads-like content on second monitor.

Jun 23, 2018
Hello and good day to you! I'm looking for an application under Windows that is capable of showing fullscreen letter-numerical content on the second display of dual-monitor PC, while being command from the first one. For example I'm at the office in front of the first monitor and the second one is on my store's shop window and shows what is ordered from inside. Thanks!

Solution
So if the person using the computer types the symbols into a field/box being shown on monitor N1 the symbols are then shown in a second window, full screen, on monitor N2.

May be doable via some Kiosk software. The computer and monitor N1 to control what is to be shown via a window extended to monitor N2.

Did some research but did not note any kiosk applications actually doing that: e.g., some form of "live display". Seems overly complicating things.

I believe that you can probably create the same effect via Excel without too much effort.

(Or Visual Basic, Access, Python, any programming language. Should not be difficult if you have anyone with a reasonable amount of programming experience.)

Excel:

Create a source spreadsheet...
Not sure about the requirement per se.

If you can open a window to see the letter-numerical content all you need to do is drag that window to the second monitor.

You can control the monitors display via "WIN" + "P" and selecting Extended screen.

Screen 1 being the first monitor (office) and Screen 2 monitor (window).

How far away is the window monitor? What type of cable is being used?

That may be more of an issue for you.

Jun 23, 2018
Hello and thanks for the response! To be more precise, I'm interested for an Windows application that shows symbols on software generated 7-seg or matrix display. The following example:

http://www.by.co.kr/board/ezboard.cgi?db=download&action=read&dbf=105&page=2&depth=4

is something like this, but the 7-seg display must be fullscreen on monitor N2 and separated from the input window on monitor N1. With other words, monitor N2 must act like fullscreen 7-seg (or matrix, does not matter) display and show the numbers entered on the input line on monitor N1 in real time. People, watching N2 must see only a fullscreen display with 7-seg or matrix numbers, entered from N1, nothing else. Thanks!

Monitors are 2-3 meters away each other, the videocard has two DVI ports.

So if the person using the computer types the symbols into a field/box being shown on monitor N1 the symbols are then shown in a second window, full screen, on monitor N2.

May be doable via some Kiosk software. The computer and monitor N1 to control what is to be shown via a window extended to monitor N2.

Did some research but did not note any kiosk applications actually doing that: e.g., some form of "live display". Seems overly complicating things.

I believe that you can probably create the same effect via Excel without too much effort.

(Or Visual Basic, Access, Python, any programming language. Should not be difficult if you have anyone with a reasonable amount of programming experience.)

Excel:

Create a source spreadsheet with a cell or cells for data entry and a second linked Excel target spreadsheet (or page even) for display.

Open both spreadsheets, enlarge the target spreadsheet to full screen size and drag over to extended monitor N2 for fullscreen display.

Leave the source spreadsheet displayed but small on monitor N1.

Enter the symbols into the source spreadsheet using whatever fonts, sizes, colors, and emphasis you wish.

The target spreadsheet being linked would reference the source spreadsheet cell contents and display them accordingly. However you can change the fonts, sizes, colors, and emphasis and make the contents different for display purposes.

Try the concept out. Experiment some. Gives you full control over everything and you will not be dependent on some 3rd party. And free to make changes however you wish or require.

Here is the key:

https://www.wikihow.com/Link-Sheets-in-Excel

Try and work out a simple one cell to one cell test.

Get it to work (functional) then make it pretty.

Edit: Almost forgot. 7 segment fonts.

https://www.keshikan.net/fonts-e.html

Google for more choices.

Solution
Update.

Had a few minutes so set up an Excel spreadsheet to test the concept.

One spreadsheet with two sheets named "Source" and "Target". Worked well with anything I typed into "Source's" entry cell appearing in
"Target's" display cell.

Display cell was set for different font, font size, and color.

What I did learn is that I could not separate the sheets in order to drag "Target" to another Extended monitor (i.e., N2)

So you will need two spreadsheets. Link the respective source and target cells between the spreadsheets When the link is working, drag "Target" spreadsheet to the monitor N2.

Options:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/connect-to-another-workbook-3a557ddb-70f3-400b-b48c-0c86ce62b4f5

https://kb.nmsu.edu/page.php?id=74787

Edit: Went back and took another look. You can use VIEW to display the source and target sheets side by side in separate windows. I was able to move each window about and all worked fine.

I typed in various words into the source cell and upon "Enter", the words appeared in the target cell.

Next step might be putting drop down lists/symbols as data for the source cell. Go to cell, select desired word or symbols, click and done.

Jun 23, 2018
Thank you very much for your efforts to help, but I don't think linked Excel sheets to help in my case. At least the tool bars of the Excel window and the window itself are not allowed to manifest here. The screen N2 must look like this:

image.jpg

only with more numbers. This is just an example of how it must be, it can be with different colors or backgrounds, but the main line is that. I think I got other solution which involves other technical methods, different from using software. One more time, thank you very much for the help!