I'm looking for "Whiteboard" software? I'm not sure what to call it.

cloudnyn3

Estimable
Feb 18, 2015
Hi there all, I'm looking for a virtual whiteboard. When I was in school back in 2009 my instructor used a tablet with a pen, and we were able to connect via internet or LAN sometimes to watch him draw on the screen. I've also seen this alot in modern highschools. I cannot afford one of those however, they are in the thousands.
CBT Nuggets, and what used to be TrainSignal also used this type of software for their labs.
I've Goodled around a bit, but everything is honestly just ill featured and lacks alot of the stuff I want.
My main needs are to enable users to login or just view it remotely, while maintaining the ability to type and draw figures or graphs. I would be happy with something that could do those two things together.

Does anyone know of or have any suggestions for applications that could allow me to do this?
I do appreciate your time, thank you!

cloudnyn3

Estimable
Feb 18, 2015

I was thinking that might work, I think a couple of tablets might work. The reason I was looking for a program to use, is because I was going to use a presentation type approach, but would still like to be able to hand draw figures and things of that nature for reference. Basically something along the lines of highly versatile PowerPoint lol

bliq

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
Try google hangouts. you can share your screen, and I think you can draw on the screen also, not sure about that one. The wacom tablet would be handy for drawing in the screen.