I'm planning on buying a new speaker system for my PC

Aug 13, 2018
:/Whats the best speaker system I can get that's relatively cheap in your opinion? I prefer one within the range of about $200, maybe a little more. It must have a sub-woofer and be a wired connection. Some of these speakers I see say bluetooth only, and I'm not even sure my PC is capable of bluetooth connection.

Solution
All you need to ask yourself is if RGB is important to you... and your decision is made. Personally, I'd go with the Z623s. My speakers don't need lights. But more importantly, I get the feeling that the Z623 system is going to be more, for lack of a better word, generic. The G560 is a gamer setup, so they are going to play with the frequency response and try to "tune" them for gaming. I feel like the Z623 are going to have a more flat frequency balance. That will make it easier for you to tune the equalizer to your own tastes. However, the G560 probably has better actual speakers.

As for the feature set... DTS:X is fantastic... when it is supported and works. The G560 is also going to need software to drive the lighting and sound...

justin.m.beauvais

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017
At $200 you have a lot of options. Almost the entire PC speaker market minus some really high end Bose stuff. What you also have as an option is one of those Home Theater in a Box setups, which is what I use at home. I got a $199 Sony 500W 5.1 speaker system from Wal Mart some years back and I have to tell you, it is better than just about any PC speakers I've ever heard. Now, this was before the age of the sound bar but you might still be able to find a set or two somewhere.

Outside of that, companies that make good speakers make good PC speakers. Logitech has actually gotten pretty well into the PC speaker market as well. Most of their high end stuff is pretty decent, but Hi-Fi equipment beats almost any PC speakers I've ever seen.

Aug 13, 2018

Well I wasn't planning on getting a 5.1 or 7.1 speaker until the next Xbox Scarlett launches, which of course won't be for another two or so years max. I don't have the space for those speakers for my PC anyway. I was thinking of buying one of these 2.1 speakers as my first two choices from Logitech. Whats your opinion on these?

Link: Logitech G560

Link: Logitech Z623

justin.m.beauvais

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017
All you need to ask yourself is if RGB is important to you... and your decision is made. Personally, I'd go with the Z623s. My speakers don't need lights. But more importantly, I get the feeling that the Z623 system is going to be more, for lack of a better word, generic. The G560 is a gamer setup, so they are going to play with the frequency response and try to "tune" them for gaming. I feel like the Z623 are going to have a more flat frequency balance. That will make it easier for you to tune the equalizer to your own tastes. However, the G560 probably has better actual speakers.

As for the feature set... DTS:X is fantastic... when it is supported and works. The G560 is also going to need software to drive the lighting and sound effects. If you just want it to plug in and work, go for the Z623.

Solution