iMessages Sent to iPhone Ditchers Stuck in Limbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathan1683

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
the senders iphone tells them it doesnt go through and it gives them the option to send as a normal text message. people are just too stupid.

Alec Mowat

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
the senders iphone tells them it doesnt go through and it gives them the option to send as a normal text message. people are just too stupid.

That's not true, it sends normally and it does not give you the option to switch back, it's a bit of a pain.

drapcioo

Estimable
May 14, 2014
There is an option in settings->messages for iPhone users that enables sending iMessages as text if iMessage isnt avaiable. It is turned off by default so it needs to be turned back on (it used be on by default but one of the ios updates must've changed it). Had the same problem recently after my sister switched from iphone to a samsung galaxy. Simple solution

gadget_hero

Estimable
May 14, 2014
There is actually a better option to fix this, I had a iPhone 5S and swapped back to my Nexus 5 and used this to fix my issue. Go to (supportprofile.apple.com) login with your Apple ID, it should have listed all your iOS devices that have been activated on that Apple ID. Just delete the phone that you ditched and you are good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.