Impossible virus to remove..

Manu_3

Commendable
Feb 19, 2016
Hello, if anyone could help me you would be a life saver. So yesterday I was downloading a program and windows defender detected malware and I foolishly allowed the download to continue.. Now I have a virus by the name of svcvmx.exe and it puts heavy loads on my CPU. My PC goes crazy and really slow. Ive detected the program files in my hard drive and deleted everything that happen on that day by going onto safe mode because thats the only time the virus doesnt work. But it just some how re creates itself after deleted. I tried fully reseting my harddrive, runs into an issue. Tried formating harddrive to a different point in time, runs into an issue. Ive run over 5 different virus remover tools and none of them detect it. The virus doesnt let me download things off the internet and doesnt let me open some apps. Please. .. Help... Me..

Solution
OK, you say you've tried these programs but they didn't run? So then they weren't really tried, just downloaded. Well, see if a service related to the malware can be stopped (services.msc) or a scheduled task.

If all else fails, wipe it out and re-install.

Manu_3

Commendable
Feb 19, 2016

Like I said, in normal windows mode I can not download ANYTHING in safe mode networking I can download but only to be prompt with this app is not compatible with your PC. I have located it in startup and just disabed it. Ill reboot into normal windows and see if its still working.

SchizTech

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011

In addition to startup tasks, look for a service related to the malware (type "services" at start) or in the task scheduler (again, search at the start menu/screen) and disable them. If you can get scans to load, have you tried

malwarebytes
adwcleaner (a malwarebytes product, on their site under tools> for technicians)
junkware removal tool (also, by malwarebytes)
hitman pro

Manu_3

Commendable
Feb 19, 2016

I have tried MalewareBytes and few other, but for the 3rd time. When I try to download things in normal windows mode, I can't. Just nothing happens. When I try to download in Safe Networking mode it says this app is not compatible with this version of your PC.

ALSO. When I am in networking mode, the virus doesnt show up in Task manager, but it's still running because I can't delete the files. I can only delete the files in safe mode.

SchizTech

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
OK, you say you've tried these programs but they didn't run? So then they weren't really tried, just downloaded. Well, see if a service related to the malware can be stopped (services.msc) or a scheduled task.

If all else fails, wipe it out and re-install.

Solution

Manu_3

Commendable
Feb 19, 2016

In task manager, I have tried ending the process. It comes right back. There are multiple services with the virus it's not just one thing. Also, I would reset my computer completely but like I said I keep getting * ERROS. I CANT DO ANYTHING.

USAFRet

Illustrious

You need to bypass the existing compromised OS.

From a different system, create a bootable AV DVD. Kaspersky or whatever.
Boot from that and see if that will wipe it out.

first off go into add/removce programs look for 3 party junk programs that were installed on the same date. most new virus use normal looking named programes to be dropper programs at power on. if you dont remove those first you cant clean out the virus and the registry.

USAFRet

Illustrious
For future reference, and anyone else that comes across this thread in future...this is precisely what a comprehensive backup plan is for.

Boot from a Rescue CD, select the backup image from yesterday or the day before....Go. 20 minutes, done.

Manu_3

Commendable
Feb 19, 2016
Fixed the issue, reset my PC and deleted all local files. Thank you for helping me and I will DEFINITELY take extra precautions to not have this happen again.