In your opinion, what's a good antivirus for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustANewUser

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
So what I'd want is an efficient and good AV (with firewall and those kind of things) but good for Gaming. With that I just mean I don't want it to slow my computer or while gaming or give me messages too often, and less while I'm playing. Something like that but yet good and efficient.

I've been thinking about KASPERSKY PURE 3.0, what do you think about it? I heard it's pretty a good antivirus, but some other people say it makes your machine slower and it's bad... So what's the deal?

I'm going to spend money on it, of course. I'm not asking for a free antivirus. And I need it with one license only, nothing more, nothing less.

DineshZaladekar

Honorable
May 13, 2013
HI new user
The best antivirus for gamers is Avast
because it doesn't effect the processing speed of the pc
While Kespersky and norton are not that bad antivirus but it drops your gaming FPS
you use AVAST or malvare antibyte cause this two antivirus
are best for security and gaming pc's

Mark this as best answer if my answer satisfies you

REGARDS
DZ

Fortrancranker

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
I have tried various antivirus solutions over the years and finally found one that works for me. ESET NOD32. I think it cost about $80 for two licenses for two years. I don't know how well it will work for online gamming but for everyday use it is great. I never know that it's running except when I do something foolish and it lets me know and that's what good antivirus is all about. The install is simple and it works great using the defaults but changing the settings is very easy and intuitive.
In the past I used Norton; too intrusive and invasive. It gets into every part of your computer and is almost impossible to get rid of. I also tried AVG(free) and although it was easy to use and seemed to do the job I eventually got a Trojan that attached itself to, of all places, the AVG.exe file! I cleaned my system and uninstalled AVG and went with ESET. Bottom line, after years of use I haven't had an infection and hardly know the thing is running in the background. Hope this helps.
FC

JustANewUser

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
SR-71,

I've read many many bad things about Norton, sadly... Some of them say that it makes your PC slower... Much slower.

Dinesh,

HI new user
that's me xD!

The problem is that AVAST! is free. And I'd want a paid one, since it's better imo. Oh well, there's a Paid version, but I'd have to buy it online, no? I want to buy it on a shop, not online. That's the problem, sadly. (Note that I live in Spain)

Fortran,

Wow, 80$ for two years? I only need one license, though. The Kaspersky Antivirus I was looking at, PURE 3.0, is $105 (80€) and it has only one year license. Do you know if I can buy it on a shop and not Online?

Thank you all.

XiRw

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013

Norton hasn't been slow for a long time. Do your research before making a statement like that

Status
Not open for further replies.