Inaccurate battery "time left"

Parth26021998

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
Hi,
I have a gateway E-295C. I got a new battery which is working good and certainly giving good backup. But the problem is, it shows false time remaining. If I check now, it shows "35% and 33 min remaining", after sometime "30% and 45 min remaining". Windows is displaying no message about replacing battery. This also happened with my old battery. My laptop has a Battery calibration feature in the bios, I ran it successfully but still problem not solved. I also tried - full charge >> complete discharge >> full charge, not worked. I also reinstalled drivers from control panel, no luck. Please help. Thank You to all contibutors

I highly doubt there's anything out there that will do what you want. There are too many variables. Game for 30 mins (as an example) then surf the web for 5 mins. There's no way to know what you plan to do next. A computer will guestimate based on your usage immediately prior.

Think like you cell phone....you'll never get an estimate for time left. You'll get "you got x% left".

Are they way off? Battery meters are not to be taken literally. The "system" takes a guess based on past usage and really doesn't know whether you are gonna to be heavy gaming next hour or just surfing. I find best to display Percentage only and ignore/no display time remaining.

Parth26021998

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013

The percentage drop is NOT stable. Just checked it now. It was 62% and after a minute it's 66%. Is there any software that gives accurate real time battery value left ?

I highly doubt there's anything out there that will do what you want. There are too many variables. Game for 30 mins (as an example) then surf the web for 5 mins. There's no way to know what you plan to do next. A computer will guestimate based on your usage immediately prior.

Think like you cell phone....you'll never get an estimate for time left. You'll get "you got x% left".

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Konny666 Laptop Tech Support 0
George7784 Laptop Tech Support 0
K Laptop Tech Support 0
MathReif Laptop Tech Support 9
Venom786 Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 15
A Laptop Tech Support 10
K Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 0
G Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 0