Inconveniences caused by remains of malware after removing malware

cscrille

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
It all started this way: I went afk from my pc and when I came back the impression I received was that my pc has restarted. Eventually I've found out that a hefty amount of malware has been installed after viewing my installed programs list. I assumed the main disruptor was the program called "Cinema Pro" or something along those. Alongside were some other obvious malware programs.

I've proceeded to manually remove them, however not initially removing Cinema Pro first, eventually I've restart my process of removing and began with Cinema Pro. Afterwards, the constant installation of new malware stopped, thus the assumption Cinema Pro was the gang's boss. Nevertheless, I've decided to use three programs to remove any remaining as suggessting from this website - http://malwaretips.com/blogs/ads-by-hq-cinema-pro-2-1-v23-01-removal/.

After I have finished using one of the three mentioned programs I had to restart, I think it was after the last program, thus my computer should be clean. However, after the restart a new inconvenience appeared and many other further after. These are bearable of course, however some aren't minor either. I can provide descriptions on what those inconveniences are upon request, however the broad image and the impression is that some malware remains or new malware has been installed.

Can anyone suggest me what to do and how to restore my computer to its previous healthy state?

Reyaz123

Estimable
May 8, 2015
1.Run a full virus scan with malwarebytes in are mode with networking
2.Open msconfig and inspect the tabs "services" and "startup" then try disabling and/or removing suspicious programs
3.Run ccleaner to clean your temporary internet folder and fix registry errors most commonly left behind by the malware

Hope this helps.

cscrille

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013

I don't understand that.

UPDATE: malwarebytes haven't detected any malware files, however some non-malware yes.

Try the following:

1) Boot into Safe Mode with networking.
2) Uninstall all the malware you can.
3) System restore to before you first installed Cinema Pro.
4) Run antivirus and malwarebytes scans to remove any leftover cruft. You may also want to install and run Superantispyware, AdwCleaner. Be sure to download the last one from a reputable site, since some malware authors created a look-alike also named AdwCleaner which doesn't really clean anything.

Reyaz123

Estimable
May 8, 2015

Oh sorry, bad typo there. It said run a full virus scan in safe mode with networking

Download and install ccleaner from the piriform website. Run it
It should have a registry and cleanup option on the left of the program