INDOOR ANTENNA IN ATTIC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyleehardin

Prominent
Apr 29, 2017
I am retired and on a fixed income. I plan to discontinue cable TV. I live near Durant, OK and there are about 3 TV stations I should be able to get with an amplified TV antenna. I have a Samsung smart TV in the living room and a regular TV in the bedroom. Currently I have satellite on the roof that connects to the cable that goes to all of the TV antennas in my house. Would it be possible to install the indoor antenna in the attic and attach it to this cable? I do have AC outlets in the attic to plug in an amplified antenna. Or, is it best to just have an amplified antenna next to each TV? I just subscribed to your newsletter.

Solution
Yes, it would certainly be possible to mount an antenna in your attic and use for both TVs (and reuse the cabling you have in place). Really a matter of budget and whether you can use an omni-directional antenna or a uni-directional one, based on distance and direction to the transmitters in your area.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Yes, it would certainly be possible to mount an antenna in your attic and use for both TVs (and reuse the cabling you have in place). Really a matter of budget and whether you can use an omni-directional antenna or a uni-directional one, based on distance and direction to the transmitters in your area.

Solution

Dave8671

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
I looked into this as a option myself. With digital TV signals is is better to fine out the distance the station's are. Below is a site for this. You would better mounting the antenna outside.

https://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29

Once you use this and get a list of channels post it

To find what is on a TV guide use this i set it as an example of broad cast station's in my area just change it yo your zip code.

http://titantv.com

If you have a tablet android or apple there is an app for this site. Which i use for the guestroom it does not have a STB.

Generally, the higher you mount any antenna, the better.

Cut my cord 7 years ago and and am not even on fixed income. Paying over a thousand dollars/year is insane to me. Before that I had RCN and it was $50 cable+Internet, then I moved and Comcast wants double {gasp}, so Adios, shayounara. Thanks for getting me out of my house doing healthier things. Owe you one men.

Dave8671

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014

Dave8671

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
Yes I use a local company not Comcast i left them 2 years ago and saved 60 per month. I really can not use OTA since the stations are over 50 miles i would need an outdoor antenna which is blocked by to many trees currently in the house we live in.

If one wanted to have a TV guide and record shows suggest Tivo bolt it can be used for OTA and it costs only 150 per year. I use it for my upstairs TV guide for my cable service. Compared to 15 per month.

Status
Not open for further replies.