Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming vs ASUS ROG GL503VD-DB71 Laptop

keenanlmorales

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017
Hello,

Thanks for taking time out of your day to help me out!

Links:
http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/inspiron-15-7000-gaming/spd/inspiron-15-7567-laptop/dncwf510s
vs
https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/ASUS-ROG-GL503VD-DB71-Laptop-KBL

From what I can tell as a laptop noob... And advice from my mom and friends. Processor on Dell computer is better, but Asus as a brand for computer gaming is better? I'm trying to pick the better gaming laptop, that will last the longest around the $1000-1250 range. Battery life isn't as important to me cause I don't mind staying by an outlet. Would prefer no keyboard/mousepad issues. Want the best bang for my buck. Would the better processor make the Dell instantly better? Or would the specs and brand quality of the Asus beat the Dell? Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated. If there's another gaming laptop you'd suggest over these two, LMK too! Not a fan of Acer since my Acer Aspire V3 just died and didn't even make it 3 years out :'(

I predominantly play League of Legends.

THANK YOU!

Solution
Both laptops have the same CPU (processor); the i7-7700HQ. However, the Dell has the more powerful GTX 1050 Ti GPU vs the GTX 1050 in the Asus; about 15% more powerful.

Either one of those laptops are overkill for LoL which is not a very demanding game at all. I never had any experience with an Asus product. While the Dell has an IPS screen, Asus advertises the screen on their laptop as "IPS-like" which means it is not an IPS screen. I don't want to get into the difference between IPS and other types of LCD screen panel technology because that can be long, boring and very technical. Basically, IPS screens generally have pretty good colors, and wide viewing angles, but slower response times (about 6ms) compared to another less expensive...
Both laptops have the same CPU (processor); the i7-7700HQ. However, the Dell has the more powerful GTX 1050 Ti GPU vs the GTX 1050 in the Asus; about 15% more powerful.

Either one of those laptops are overkill for LoL which is not a very demanding game at all. I never had any experience with an Asus product. While the Dell has an IPS screen, Asus advertises the screen on their laptop as "IPS-like" which means it is not an IPS screen. I don't want to get into the difference between IPS and other types of LCD screen panel technology because that can be long, boring and very technical. Basically, IPS screens generally have pretty good colors, and wide viewing angles, but slower response times (about 6ms) compared to another less expensive panel tech; a TN panel. Of the two, I prefer the Dell because of better specs (GPU and the screen) as well as prior experience with both Dell business and gaming laptops.

Here's a video showing LoL being played with max graphic settings at 1080p on a laptop with a Core i3-7100u and Intel HD 620. LoL is basically running above 60 FPS consistently... so yeah, LoL has pretty low requires. The laptops you are looking operate at 60Hz which means the screens can only display at most 60 FPS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3NMfIOizFY&t=554s

Solution