Installed Program Move

simplicity05

Distinguished
May 22, 2010
Hi,
I have an application installed on one computer that I own that I need transfered to a secondary computer. I understand that doing this without an installer is going to be a major pain, but if someone knows how to go about doing this, or a link to a guide detailing the process, that'd be tremendous.

As I am quite tech savvy, I'm prepared for a load of work to get this accomplished.

What I need to know is how to easily or manually view all registry entries that were created by the application upon installation, along with all files such as .dll's that were added. Doing a fair amount of searching over the last hour or so has lead to limited results.

The only solution I've found thus far is a paid application that claims to take care of this process, but reading reviews leads me to believe that the $50 or so that it costs may result in further headaches.

Thank you for your time!

simplicity05

Distinguished
May 22, 2010
Reason being is that I've purchased the software once already, but I lost the disc in a move. Now the company wants to charge me another $250 to get another copy of the software which I'm not prepared to pay, and I'm not able to even find an installer around the net anywhere as it's more of an obscure program.

jefe323

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
you could export all references for the program from the registry and then import them to the new computers registry and copy the relevant program folder to the new computer.

you might want to check the licensing for the program as what you might be trying to do could constitute a violation of the program's licensing (one license per disc etc...)