Installer opens, and installs a lot of malicious software.

jimmmybloomers

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015
I have recently been having problems with my computer. I will be browsing the internet or playing a game, when a installer will open, and install much malicious software. I will do a scan with Malware bytes, and uninstall all of the software, but the same thing will happen not to long after.

I am unable to stop this installer. Even if I cancel it it still seems to install all the software

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Solution
A lot of freeware, even from legitimate sources, tries to install a lot of extra junk.
You combat this by not simply choosing the defaults. Custom or Advanced, and deselect any other junk it wants to install.

If you are getting whatever it is from an illegitimate source, all bets are off, and you are in deep doo-doo.

If you are just browsing arouond an an installer 'just opens', you have other malware on your system.
Malwarebytes, Spybot, and a good virus scan.

USAFRet

Illustrious
A lot of freeware, even from legitimate sources, tries to install a lot of extra junk.
You combat this by not simply choosing the defaults. Custom or Advanced, and deselect any other junk it wants to install.

If you are getting whatever it is from an illegitimate source, all bets are off, and you are in deep doo-doo.

If you are just browsing arouond an an installer 'just opens', you have other malware on your system.
Malwarebytes, Spybot, and a good virus scan.

Solution

jimmmybloomers

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015

I cant choose when the installer opens, it will open randomly, I decline or even quit the installer, but it still manages to install the malware. I think I do have other malware on my system, but I am not able to identify it.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

USAFRet

Illustrious

Then you have other malware/virus on the system.
What anti virus are you using?

Suggest you try a rescue disk, something like Kaspersky. http://support.kaspersky.com/4162
Boot from that and do a deep virus scan.

jimmmybloomers

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015

I am using malwarebytes, Kaspersky says to use when the operating system cant be booted?, I will still try it.

Thankyou for you help, if this doesn't work any more help would be greatly appreciated.

I was wondering how to launch Kaspersky. I tried using the kaspersky USB rescue disk maker, but it couldn't find my USB drive.

jimmmybloomers

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015

How do I launch Kaspersky, I tried using the USB rescue disk maker, but it wouldn't find my USB.