installing antivirus breaks windows

mwestrik

Commendable
Feb 16, 2016
Hi, I have a very unusual problem. I am trying to install a computer with windows 10. That works well, I install the drivers, no problem. Other software, all fine. But then, when i install antivirus (tried Avast and AVG), after restarting the system won't start anymore. it goes directly to automatic recovery, where the only working option is to go back to a restore point.

I have tried 2 different antivirus programs, have already tried a new harddisk, but the problem stays the same.

does anybody have a solution for this?

<Mod Note: Fixed the title. The word "crack' is not one we use around here, it causes all sorts of alarms to ring.>

Solution
If Avast and Avg setup exe you are using is from your backed up software storage, they are probably incompatible with windows 10, download the latest versions from their respective websites and nowhere else.

zer0c00l587

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
If Avast and Avg setup exe you are using is from your backed up software storage, they are probably incompatible with windows 10, download the latest versions from their respective websites and nowhere else.

Solution