Installing SSD and Window without CD Drive

tjug17

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
So i want to install a new ssd into my lap lenovo y50 then i noticed that the version i bought is using window 10 and from what i understand is that you cannot transfer the window to another hardware.
my solution was to install window 7 with my old CD and i noticed that my laptop does not have a CD drive.
what is my move here? should i install the SSD first ?
thank you

Solution
1. on your laptop you want to back up any files you want.
2. from another pc download the windows tool and plug in the usb stick make sure it 8g in size to give the stick room to make the iso image. windows tool will wipe the usb stick and make a copy of windows bootable cd installer.
3. install the ssd.
4. set the laptop bios to boot from usb.
5.boot from windows 7 usb installer stick..install the windows 7 image.
6. you have to go into advance mode in the installer and pick out the smaller ssd.
7. when windows 7 is done updating...use windows disk tools and format the old drive to use it as stoage drive.
8. you have to reinstall your games and programs.

tjug17

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013

So all i need is an USB stick, THEN INSTALL my SSD onto my LAPTOP. INSTALL THE USB WINDOW BOOT, stick it in the laptop HOLE and it will just boot then install itself onto my ssd?

1. on your laptop you want to back up any files you want.
2. from another pc download the windows tool and plug in the usb stick make sure it 8g in size to give the stick room to make the iso image. windows tool will wipe the usb stick and make a copy of windows bootable cd installer.
3. install the ssd.
4. set the laptop bios to boot from usb.
5.boot from windows 7 usb installer stick..install the windows 7 image.
6. you have to go into advance mode in the installer and pick out the smaller ssd.
7. when windows 7 is done updating...use windows disk tools and format the old drive to use it as stoage drive.
8. you have to reinstall your games and programs.

Solution