Integrated GPU and external working togheter in laptop but also in game

Sep 15, 2018
So I have an HP omen with a gtx 1050, my integrated GPU is the one specifically involved in the display: if I disable it my other card wont work and the nvidia panel doesn't work either.
The problem is that in game they work togheter and this makes me drop a lot of frames and imposes vsync even when it is turned off. In my nvdia panel I put prefer maximum perfomace gpu and in Physx I have the gtx 150. I was able to make it work once for a game but after a reboot the vsync comes back on.
I browsed similar problems but I could not fix it, any idea?

Sep 15, 2018

I've never been able to access BIOS ont his laptop (HP pavilion 15'), I press esc when booting up but it doesn't work.

keith12

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
it should be F2/F8/Delete key or something. Look in your manual that came with the laptop. It should actually say on screen as the laptop boots up.

i found this: http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2726872/omen-intel-integrated-graphics-nvidia.html

it may be your answer. Go to the global/individual games settings in Nvidia control panel, and set it on High performance, this will set the GTX1050 running instead of the iGPU.

Solution
Sep 15, 2018

I did solve this way already a couple times, but after a reboot I have to reset to deaults and do it again each time otherwise it goes back to using the integrated.