INTEL 3rd GEN CORE I5 or APU QUAD CORE A8 which laptop to buy???

ideaplease

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013
well i am planning to buy a laptop which i want to use for coll. so i would be using it for softwares such as p spice or Matlab ...and to watch movies and play games
(planning to go play online and offline both) ... battery will be a concern(longer better) .....price range around 35k(cheeper the better).also would like it as light weight as possible. i have short listed to these 4 but am not able to decide. so is amd's A8 better or intel's i5?? here's a compare list of the lappys http://www.flipkart.com/computers/compare?ids=COMDGTJCRYXXV8CE%2CCOMDEUJ9XZHJSKAJ%2CCOMDJZ8EGTEHBS9J%2CCOMDHZ2R72BHZH9X

Solution
I prefer Intel's strong dual core CPUs over AMD's weak quad core APUs. The difference between the Core i3 and Core i5 CPUs is Turbo Boost. Core i5 & i7 CPUs have Turbo Boost which is an automatic overclock as long as the temps are not too high.

For example, the Core i5-3320m has a base clockspeed of 2.6GHz, however with Turbo Boost the clockspeed can go up to 3.3GHz as long as it does not cause the CPU to overheat. That's for one core. If both cores are being stressed, then that clockspeed will probably max out at 3.1GHz.
I prefer Intel's strong dual core CPUs over AMD's weak quad core APUs. The difference between the Core i3 and Core i5 CPUs is Turbo Boost. Core i5 & i7 CPUs have Turbo Boost which is an automatic overclock as long as the temps are not too high.

For example, the Core i5-3320m has a base clockspeed of 2.6GHz, however with Turbo Boost the clockspeed can go up to 3.3GHz as long as it does not cause the CPU to overheat. That's for one core. If both cores are being stressed, then that clockspeed will probably max out at 3.1GHz.

Solution
If you want to play games and rely on integrated graphics, then AMD's integrated Radeon HD 8650g is currently the most powerful integrate GPU for laptops. It is the integrated graphics core in the A10-5757m APU (Richland generation). Not all Radeon graphic cores are more powerful than Intel graphic cores though.

So far there are not actual game benchmarks to prove how powerful it is. However, based on the specs, Notebookcheck.net ranks it as just slightly better than the dedicated Radeon HD 7670m and GT 630m. That put's it ahead of the Intel HD 4600 and Intel HD 4400. It also puts it ahead of the Intel Iris HD 5100 which I don't know of any laptop using that yet.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-8650G.87916.0.html

However, the Intel HD 4600 is rated as just slightly faster than the integrated Radeon HD 7660g which is the most powerful integrated graphics core in AMD's Trinity generation APUs; A10-4600m.