Intel Compute Stick or Kangaroo

Sam qwerty

Commendable
Mar 5, 2016
Thanks for the review!
I need a small machine that runs local 1080p video files on VLC smoothly (some are large mkv files). I can go either with the Compute Stick or with the cheaper Kangaroo but I want it to last and the heat issue worries me.
1080p on vlc is my only use for this machine. Which one do you recommend?

Solution
This is perfectly suited foe its intended purpose. It is not to be compared to "i" class computers out there. That said, my Kangaroo PC is connected to a 27" display and currently acts as my daily driver at home. Given its small form factor it can easily be tucked anywhere out of view. And if I really need computing power, I can always plug in my laptop to my display. That said it can still run smoothly for general purpose computing. Only downside is storage even though you can mount an SD card. There is a 64GB version now with 4GB of RAM but does not include an OS but selling for $169. At $99 you can"t ask more from the first gen Kangaroo.

BlakePE

Commendable
Mar 5, 2016
This is perfectly suited foe its intended purpose. It is not to be compared to "i" class computers out there. That said, my Kangaroo PC is connected to a 27" display and currently acts as my daily driver at home. Given its small form factor it can easily be tucked anywhere out of view. And if I really need computing power, I can always plug in my laptop to my display. That said it can still run smoothly for general purpose computing. Only downside is storage even though you can mount an SD card. There is a 64GB version now with 4GB of RAM but does not include an OS but selling for $169. At $99 you can"t ask more from the first gen Kangaroo.

Solution