Intel Extreme Tuning Utility Locks Up on Startup

ggrego

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
I just put together a i7 930 w/ Asus P6X58D Premium. I downloaded form Asus and Intel a utility program "Intel Extreme Tuning Utility 2.0". When I try to start it, it locks up and the only way to shut it down is a reboot. I tried to run
the troubleshooter and that didn't help either. Have any of you had a similar problem or know how I might get this
program to run? :sweat:

aford10

Distinguished
Hmm, I'm not seeing it listed. I do see an updated version though. You may want to check this out. It does list the requirements.
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-performance-tuning-utility-product-overview/

ggrego

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
Yea I saw that one too but, It doesn't show that it is Windows 7 64 bit compatable.
The original link was from a Utilities CD that came with my ASUS MB but nothing I can do will make it run. I may need to start another thread on the P6X58D Premium
area.

ggrego

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
That makes sense, but it makes me wonder why they would include something like that in a motherboard as new as the P6X58D Premium. You tube videos show folks
using it but, I'm not sure what MB or OS they are using. I do appreciate your help though.

aford10

Distinguished
I can't say for sure. That motherboard was released in november last year. Windows 7 was just released at that time. 3rd party software always lags behind when a new OS is released, so it may have something to do with that. Just a guess though.

ggrego

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
I just posted a thread under motherboards (Asus) maybe someoone that has one of these boards and the same operating system has run into the same thing that I'm fighting. I don't want to reinvent the wheel but, if someone out there is running this same software I shure would like to run it to.

TRENDING THREADS