intel hd 4000 overheating?

Farrel

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016
Hey man,

I have an old ux31a and ive just used it recently for light gaming. Games like terraria, and some other light on graphic games. I have replaced my thermal pasting recently on my cpu, i asked a technician to do it since i barely know how to strip of an ultrabook and place it back again. I asked if he can place the thermal compound on the gpu as well and he said that theres allready some sort of pillow there to convert the heat. Well up until today the gpu is still pretty hot running at around an average of 80c.
I have cleaned the fan, dust is not the problem. I always play on a desk, airvent is not interrupted. The settings on the gpu is not set on max, so (i think) that it shouldnt be that high. So, should i invest on a cooling pad? or should i remove (some sort of) thermal pad under the heatsink ontop of the gpu and apply thermal compound?

Thanks!

Solution
mine can average high i dont bother recording as have cooling fan pads keeping temps down as my 2nd gen i5 gets toasty y i run a fan pad they are cheap enough & good easy fix i do pull my covers off & give a blow out every few months

Farrel

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016
Whoops, im sorry i accidentally downvoted your answer. Anyways whats your max temp while gaming?

Edit: im on mobile, its so hard to login here

Plumboby

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016
mine can average high i dont bother recording as have cooling fan pads keeping temps down as my 2nd gen i5 gets toasty y i run a fan pad they are cheap enough & good easy fix i do pull my covers off & give a blow out every few months

Solution