Intel HD 4400 good enough for Rust?

PykeTech

Prominent
Jul 21, 2017
I have a Lenovo B50-80LT laptop with Intel Core i3-4005U and i'm planning to buy Rust on Steam. Sys requirements look pretty high but im willing to take the chance. Comfortable playing at min.800x600. And i'd like benchmarks plz ( E.G. Rust -2x AA w/ 1366x768 - 17 FPS.)

Solution
There are a large number of games that run okay on that CPU + iGPU though. You have to Google for recommended titles.

You would for example tend to have better luck with top-down games like Diablo 3 (not saying it works, and not sure what screen resolution you have), CIV 5 etc. 2D games like Super Meatboy (though that needs a controller... just an example)>
considering;
Rust Minimum Requirements
CPU Speed: 2 GHz
ram: 8 GB
Video Card:
Graphics card with DirectX 9 level (shader model 2.0) capabilities. Any card made since 2004 should work

Rust Recommended Requirements
CPU Speed: 3 GHz
ram: 16 GB
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980

I would think you could run it , but I doubt your performance is going to be great.
good thing about steam if you dont like a game after 48hours
you send an email to support asking for a credit and you get it a few days later, and can use it on something else

There are a large number of games that run okay on that CPU + iGPU though. You have to Google for recommended titles.

You would for example tend to have better luck with top-down games like Diablo 3 (not saying it works, and not sure what screen resolution you have), CIV 5 etc. 2D games like Super Meatboy (though that needs a controller... just an example)>

Solution