Intel XTU wont save the profiles everytime (watchdogs problem)

Alex_130

Estimable
Jan 5, 2016
Hello !

Recently (2 weeks ago) I bought a laptop : HP Omen 15 ce0xx 2017 I7 7700HQ, 1060 GTX 6GB Max-q, 12GB Ram etc.

The temps are.. kind of in range, but I wanna undervolt the CPU.

From my tries I found out that the best and stable undervolt value is -0.120 for my CPU. For the undervolt I use Intel XTU, and it works really fine but there's a problem :

I set the values, I saved the profile, I selected the profile and everything's ok. At least till I power off the laptop. When I power it up, sometimes the cpu settings jumps to default and when I start Intel XTU, it says something about an error with watchdogs.

I tried to undervolt from bios, but it seems like I dont really have an option in my bios for undervolt / overclocking my cpu.

Any idea how to perma save the -0.120 V profile using Intel XTU ?

Lutfij

Splendid
1| Is the issue seen when on that particular voltage setting? See if a slighter higher(positive) number allows you to boot up without a WatchDog error.
2| Speaking of Windows 10, you may want to make sure you're on the latest BIOS revision.
3|Which version of Intel's XTU are you on?

Alex_130

Estimable
Jan 5, 2016
1. I tried -0.050, -0.1 and -0.12 and it's the same, it doesnt always save it. What I mean by that : lets say I undervolt it now. Everything works okay but after a couple of restarts it jumps back to default and pops the watchdogs error when I open the XTU.
2. I just installed the latest bios from HP yesterday and the problem persists.
3. I use the latest XTU version