nerdymuffins

Estimable
May 16, 2015
I have a Toshiba laptop Windows 8.1. When i try to record or talk it says i need to plug in a microphone. I want to use my internal microphone, but it won't let me switch and it always says to plug in a mic. How do i switch to use my internal mic
???:(

Solution
Greetings muffins,

First you have to find out if there is an internal microphone installed on your Toshiba.

Go to Control Panel > Sound > Recording. If your internal microphone doesn't appear, it may be hidden. Right-click Microphone and make sure that Show disabled devices and Show disconnected devices are ticked. If not, tick them.

If the internal microphone appears, you can select it and then click Configure in the lower left corner (this is optional). After that, right-click the device and tick Set as default device.

If your internal microphone doesn't show up, go to Toshiba's support page and download the latest Audio Enhancement driver for your particular Toshiba. After installation, repeat the above steps...
Greetings muffins,

First you have to find out if there is an internal microphone installed on your Toshiba.

Go to Control Panel > Sound > Recording. If your internal microphone doesn't appear, it may be hidden. Right-click Microphone and make sure that Show disabled devices and Show disconnected devices are ticked. If not, tick them.

If the internal microphone appears, you can select it and then click Configure in the lower left corner (this is optional). After that, right-click the device and tick Set as default device.

If your internal microphone doesn't show up, go to Toshiba's support page and download the latest Audio Enhancement driver for your particular Toshiba. After installation, repeat the above steps and restart.

Best of luck,
GreyCatz.

Solution