Internal Storage Read Only

Frost_2

Prominent
Jun 5, 2017
Hi, I have lenovo tablet Android 4.4 Kitkat... two days ago i was browsing facebook suddenly all apps started crashing... then i found out that my internal storage is set as read only automatically I dont have root and i cannot delete anything or uninstall apps they reappear after reboot
When i try deleting anything through file explorer it says task failed or cannot delete
it looks like it is read write protected

Things I Tried:
Factory Reset
Hard Reset
Did both of it when it reboots after factory reset i was shocked to see that nothing happened nothing changed .

Solution
I find it rather odd that none will work. If that is the case, you may need to clean your personal items off the phone and get a new device. However, it really sounds like a virus problem.
Did you try deleting apps through the "Settings" ... "Apps"... "All" and then tap the individual apps you wish to remove and choose to "Uninstall" them? Now not all apps are removable. If the "Uninstall" is grayed out, you can't remove it. Usually only apps you have installed yourself are removable, not most that came with the device.

You may also want to run some virus and malware checks as well as clear out the cache for apps like your browser and facebook, which add loads of data to the device.

Frost_2

Prominent
Jun 5, 2017

i tried but apps come back after reboot and regarding virus scan i cannot install any apps

Can you start the device in "Safe Mode"? If you can, that would be a good way to remove any unwanted apps, from in there.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Frost_2

Prominent
Jun 5, 2017

I tried several ways including this one to boot into safe mode but none of them helped me...

Frost_2

Prominent
Jun 5, 2017

Thanks For Replying, i really appreciate it... as of the device i gave it to a shop for repair he will check and will tell me tomorrow, hope for the best. :)