Internet Connection On Only One Device Is Poor

GingerIsBoss

Commendable
May 25, 2016
Hello there, I'm having some issues with my internet connection on my gaming PC. Before I describe them, here are my specs:

Operating system: Windows 10
Connection: WiFi
15 Mbps: Upload/Download speed

So on to my issue, lately I've been noticing a big drop in my connection on my gaming PC. At first I thought the problem lay with the router, but after testing on my Mac, and asking other family members to test it too I realised tha wasn't the case. While other devices get propper connection that varies between 14-16 Mbps the PC in question only gets about 2-4 Mbps.

I have issues loading videos and playing online so the numbers seem correct. I am fairly sure I can rule out router issues (unless I'm missing something I haven't tested) and have also scanned my PC with three different Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware softwares, and it came back clean. The problem began about 2 weeks ago, and prior to it I have not expirienced any other connection issues. Aswell as other things, I have unstalled my WiFi adapter drivers and reinstalled them with no success.

Also I have checked and my PC doesn't have AMD Quick Stream installed, which seems to be the issue with some of these type of problems.

If anyone has any adivce/insight/observations please reply with an answer. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Are there any obstacles (e.g. walls) between your PC and the router? If there are they could be preventing your PC from getting a good signal. If not (a single thin wall wouldn't be an issue), might just be that your wireless network adapter isn't particularly good.

Mr Kagouris

Estimable
Sep 7, 2015
Are there any obstacles (e.g. walls) between your PC and the router? If there are they could be preventing your PC from getting a good signal. If not (a single thin wall wouldn't be an issue), might just be that your wireless network adapter isn't particularly good.

Solution