Internet Connectivity Problem - Toshiba A200 Satellite with Windows XP

Jul 5, 2013
I've a Toshiba A200 Series Laptop with Windows XP. I'm facing internet connectivity problem with Wired (both LAN and USB-2-LAN) and Wire-less. If I do "ping -t", it drops 3 packets out of 5. At the same time, when I connect using a USB Internet Dongle (probably used GSM/GPRS), the internet is working.

I lost my recovery CD and hence feel that option is risky. I want to fix this problem. Please help me.

Solution
In the Device Manager (right-click Computer -> Properties -> Hardware tab) select the network adapters, right-click and disable, then re-enable. IF this doesn't' help, right-click and uninstall drivers then refresh the device listing (click 'scan for hardware changes' at the top of the window). This should detect and re-install the drivers.

Is this a recent problem? If the above doesn't work, do a system restore to before the problem started.

SchizTech

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
In the Device Manager (right-click Computer -> Properties -> Hardware tab) select the network adapters, right-click and disable, then re-enable. IF this doesn't' help, right-click and uninstall drivers then refresh the device listing (click 'scan for hardware changes' at the top of the window). This should detect and re-install the drivers.

Is this a recent problem? If the above doesn't work, do a system restore to before the problem started.

Solution