Solved! Internet in Hotel Stopped

Steves40th

Great
Feb 19, 2022
Marriott Bonvoy. Laptop Sager, Windows 10, 1 year old. AX 201 wifi adapter.
Laptop was connected for 3 weeks here with VPN, Nord. No issues.
Yesterday lost data. Hotel had me call service center. They went as far as assigning pathway via mac address, still no connection.
I uninstalled VPN, and even turned off firewall. Nothing.
Rebooted a few times. Uninstalled Wifi adapter.
Phone connects right up.
I am connected just no data and the interstitial page refuses to load, as I have the link.
Nothing.
But, I am logged into hotel across the street right now, marriot. But it refuses to log into this hotels wifi and send/receive data.

Solution
If your hardware is able to connect and download data from the Internet across the street from your hotel, then the issue is not with your hardware, but the Marriott's network. This is an issue they need to resolve.

-Wolf sends
If your hardware is able to connect and download data from the Internet across the street from your hotel, then the issue is not with your hardware, but the Marriott's network. This is an issue they need to resolve.

-Wolf sends

Solution
It would appear that there is a difference in settings between your hotel and the one across the street. Someone needs to identify what is different and determine what changes (if any) need to be made. Ultimately, as a guest of the Marriott, it's their responsibility to make sure you have the access you require.

-Wolf sends

Steves40th

Great
Feb 19, 2022
I guess I could call again and hopefully get a new person.. Which will make it four times.
I need to be ready. Any recommended data to have ready to give them?

I'd take the laptop to the main lobby, attempt to connect there. If unable to, take it to the front desk and request assistance. If it does connect in the main lobby, then take it to the front desk and ask why you can connect here, but not in your room.

-Wolf sends

Steves40th

Great
Feb 19, 2022
I tried that, and even tried the conference center in the hotel. Neither would connect, or load the log in page as required.
I used Microsoft Edges browser as well as Brave. Mgmt, admitted to no clue what to do other than call the IT service in India.
I cleared browser history, cache etc..

Steves40th

Great
Feb 19, 2022
I wonder if the prolonged use resulted in the device being added to a blacklist on that particular network? :unsure:
My co worker has no issues and he has been here as long as me..
But, I just asked IT support and they cant answer that..
How would I get off the list or reset this system remembering me.

Steves40th

Great
Feb 19, 2022
^ I changed it to 8.8.8.8 and it wouldnt connect.
I have front desk call the it tech support.
Is it possible something in my computer is blocking them from letting data in. I know NordVpn had to be uninstalled in Italy, Bahrain and Australia before I could log in. Then I coule reinstall NOrdvpn.
Here it doesnt support

Steves40th

Great
Feb 19, 2022
I just went to front desk. Gave them my MAC address and ip address my room is trying to connect too.
Asked them to call, tell IT to take my MAC address of the list that I am on, if they have one..
I cant understand them, sorry, its just fact.
My patience is running thin. Best to walk away, let them manage.

Steves40th

Great
Feb 19, 2022
FIxed it. I had to change my Wifi Mac Address. I used this site here to get into registry as my wifi adapter cant be changed like the ethernet card

Reactions: Wolfshadw