Internet Use and TV Watching Tie in Popularity

Status
Not open for further replies.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
So in the US "nearly 2 million households are anticipated to become connected by this year’s end"?

That is pretty sad. I don't know anyone that doesn't have some form of broadband. My parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles (not to mention friends), all have broadband. I would estimate that at least 90% of people I know have broadband (which is supposedly defined as 2Mb down / 1Mb up I think).

As for people splitting their time between TV and Internet, I watch most of my TV downloaded from the Internet (torrents), what does that fall under?

gmarsack

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
I'm on the internet a good 16 hours a day and watch about 30 minutes of TV a week. The rest of my "TV" actually comes streamed over the Internet on my PC. Of that, I watch about 6 hours a day. Gotta love working from home... :)

Square_Head

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
If you live in an urban setting, high speed is the norm, but try going to the sticks (where I live) and broadband becomes more of a luxury. I'm rocking a DLS/Satelittle/Microwave system that works reasonable. maybe 1Mbps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Streaming Video & TVs 7
F Streaming Video & TVs 1
Wendlle Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 8
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
E Streaming Video & TVs 2
K Streaming Video & TVs 1