Intsall automatic updates randomly turns off

BeginnerBob

Estimable
Mar 5, 2014
I just built a brand new PC and the first thing I did once I installed the ethernet drive was to install and register my Bitdefender internet security 2015 i've had it for about 3 days up and running. But randomly my "install automatic updates" gets turned off. I turn it back on but then after a few hours it will then turn off. Could this be a virus?

I've done system scans but all Bitdefender detects are cookies and eliminates them.

Solution
In reading up on bitdefender, the new bitdefender internet security 2015 includes profiles namely-work profile, movie profile and gaming profile. Every profile maintains its properties and tasks when activated, just go to Bitdefender Internet Security 2015>Tools>Profiles>there you'll see three profiles! each profile is pre-configured for optimization and in your specific case of windows updates, uncheck the "postpone windows automatic updates" box for each profile and you should be good to go. Hope this helps.

uccvlc

Estimable
Nov 10, 2014
In reading up on bitdefender, the new bitdefender internet security 2015 includes profiles namely-work profile, movie profile and gaming profile. Every profile maintains its properties and tasks when activated, just go to Bitdefender Internet Security 2015>Tools>Profiles>there you'll see three profiles! each profile is pre-configured for optimization and in your specific case of windows updates, uncheck the "postpone windows automatic updates" box for each profile and you should be good to go. Hope this helps.

Solution