Ipad air battery life

Scousejoe

Honorable
Oct 19, 2013
Just wondered if anyone could give me some idea as to ipad air battery life, recently upgraded from ipad 1 and am finding batter life drains more than expected, especially when it is on stand by ? What should I expect ? Are there and apps to test battery is not faulty ?

volcanoscout

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
There are apps to measure your battery endurance and to optimize it, but to check the battery itself, you'll need to take it to an Apple store and have them test it. If it's faulty, they may replace it on the spot.

On standby, mine gets minimal battery drainage - maybe 1% in a day. When I'm using it constantly with WiFi or cell, I can usually get 5-6 hours before the battery gets down to the warning levels. I've had it since shortly after the release date, so it's not new either. If yours is getting less, I'd go through the settings to make sure you don't have anything unnecessary running, extend your email fetch intervals or change them to manual, etc. If that doesn't help, I'd take it in and get it checked.

volcanoscout

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
Here are some battery-saving tips:
https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/

I should have mentioned that I normally keep my screen brightness level very low, which certainly helps extend battery life.

teknobug

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
The battery on my iPad Air is phenomenal, although I have my screen brightness to about 50% and battery hardly ticks down while watching Netflix or playing a game. And when I'm not using it I clear all the running apps (double click home key and swipe apps off).