iPad Helps Lawyer in Courtroom in Winning Trial

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfstev

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
When I read the headline I was thinking it was some amazing bit of tech that the iPad had that won this trial. Hooking up to a projector is like praising a dog for pooping. Not even outside, just in general.

DREAMER_ES

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2009
Could you please stop posting every piece of pseudo-processed-news/Apple merchandising that has to do with the iPad? Haven't seen one yet by myself but I'm already fed up of it.

G

I blame this stupid story on him being mormon. This is quite usual here in Utah (I live here). A lot of it is news because everyone is mormon here. I wonder if Toms's editors are mormon?

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]thebigt42[/nom]Most lawyers are NOT very technical.[/citation]
Generally, any lawyer with a technical degree prior to the law degree goes into patent law and generally try to avoid trial situations. There is less competition, there are way more lawyers with a history major than an engineering one, and far more money.

@dirtman73 - Well, it's a technology/computing site, so Apple is covered too. Granted, the importance of a lawyer with a pro-apple blog using apple products in a courtroom making headlines does seem like a slow news day.

santfu

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
No this IS a story. I read that no PC (or mac for that matter) has ever won a case in court it takes the magical iPad to do it, hang on. No, it was the other way around EVERY case has used a PC wether they won or lost. FFS this iPad SH*T is just getting on my nerves

Applaud Toms. Fantastic journalism. Top notch.

Can someone please tell me what these things are really FOR? srsly i do NOT get it.

doron

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
How on earth did a shiny oversized touchscreen become what seems to be one of, if not the greatest thing on this planet?
A great lesson about modern society..

webbwbb

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
I really don't see how this made it easier to show his presentation. There are lines of presentation devices that one can easily fit in their hand and use it to discreetly use to change slides while allowing them the freedom to use complex hand gestures at the same time, most have a built in laser pointer too. Who knows, maybe Mac is not compatible with any of them in which case it may have made a slight difference in comparison to the Macbook.

G

iPAD helps man cook dinner.

My cookbook kept closing on me and I needed use of both my hands. Fortunately my iPAD was heavy enough to keep the cookbook open so I could read the recipe.

G

Most people outside of the profession don't realize that in the courtroom, you need a rock-steady bomb-proof pc. For high-stakes litigation where even billions of dollars are on the line, the client will not be happy if there is a snafu. Some even prefer desktops over laptops because desktops (which are custom built) often have less programs running in the background. Not only that, if you bungle your presentation, the client will be pissed off because the perception that the jury will think that counsel is inept. So if iPad is more "stable" than a typical pc (not to mention being cheaper than a customized desktop pc built specifically for courtroom use), then it would have been a smart idea to use it. You guys can argue which one is more "stable," but you see my point.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]zampolit[/nom]You guys are missing the point to this post, as well as those like it. It's a comedy post to make us laugh at the audacity and stupidity of mac users. Its like those AT&T response commercials with Luke Wilson.It just shows the insecurity of Apple and how hard it must try to be considered a viable option instead of just being a gimmic/toy.(That typically does things wrong...mainly corporate related)[/citation]

Do the math on how much money they made on their stupid little toy, and compare that to your checkbook. Yeah. stfu. Seriously post something with actual value or merit. Not something anti-anything. The iPad is a piece of technology, and has sold over a million in a month. It's a success whether you like it or not. However, to end on topic.. A laywers job has alot to do with facts and all, but the smoother something goes, the better for him and his client. A wreck of a lawyer saves no one..

oldscotch

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
Are we going to have an article everytime a senator gets an e-mail with their blackberry? Or when a doctor uses their gps?

Christ guys, for people who say there's no slant, you're doing a pretty terrible job of demonstrating that.

MrHectorEric

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
Next headline: iPad helps student look something up online to finish a paper; or iPad helps shopper buy some shoes; or iPad helps Tech Journalists keep their jobs...

Why is this news? I'm sure the blackberry saves numerous businesses every day. Maybe it's news because Apple might have created another device that isn't being completely shunned or ignored by the public like most of their products. I'm sorry I clicked on this article and give reason for Tom's to post another stupid iPad article, but I really wanted to post this comment.

bunsinator

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
Seriously? The iPad "helped" win the trial? That's like me reading Men's Health Magazine on the iPad and then claiming that the iPad helped me lose weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.