iPad Helps Lawyer in Courtroom in Winning Trial

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brianmoz

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]mavanhel[/nom]So, the iPad is capable of showing a presentation. Good for it I suppose, but seriously, laptops do the job just as well. This guy is probably just an idiot since he doesn't know how to hook a laptop up to a VGA cable.[/citation
this is the problem with the techie point of view...you think people are idiots for not knowing how to use computers. He passed the bar exam jackass he isnt an idiot.

brianmoz

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]mavanhel[/nom]So, the iPad is capable of showing a presentation. Good for it I suppose, but seriously, laptops do the job just as well. This guy is probably just an idiot since he doesn't know how to hook a laptop up to a VGA cable.[/citation]
this is the problem with the techie point of view...you think people are idiots for not knowing how to use computers. He passed the bar exam jackass he isnt an idiot.

slaphappy

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2006
I dont think many of you have ever actually had to give a presentation in front of an audience before. I havent used an ipad yet, but where I work we give tons of presentations to our clients for projects we work on. Currently we use laptops, but in order to do so one must sit down in front of it in a chair. Not exactly an enthralling presentation. But sometimes one of us will rehearse our presentation, and make use of walking about the room, pointing at things on the projectors with our hands, really giving the audience a hands on kind of feel. I would imagine the iPad offers you a lot more flexibility in being able to walk about the room while simultaneously pointing at things on screen and navigating the presentation with your hands.

Hilarion

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
[citation][nom]brianmoz[/nom]this is the problem with the techie point of view...you think people are idiots for not knowing how to use computers. He passed the bar exam jackass he isnt an idiot.[/citation]
BS'ers BSing other BS'ers is supposed to be impressive?

He could just as easily have given the credit to his cufflinks and have as meaningful a story. But I do notice that he doesn't attribute it to his "marvelous" BAR approved education.

My guess would be that he is looking for an endorsement (and money) from Apple Almighty for waving the flame of faith into being that the iPad actually has a purpose.

ngoy

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
[citation][nom]slaphappy[/nom]I dont think many of you have ever actually had to give a presentation in front of an audience before. I havent used an ipad yet, but where I work we give tons of presentations to our clients for projects we work on. Currently we use laptops, but in order to do so one must sit down in front of it in a chair. Not exactly an enthralling presentation. But sometimes one of us will rehearse our presentation, and make use of walking about the room, pointing at things on the projectors with our hands, really giving the audience a hands on kind of feel. I would imagine the iPad offers you a lot more flexibility in being able to walk about the room while simultaneously pointing at things on screen and navigating the presentation with your hands.[/citation]

Are you serious? Your company give tons of presentations, but you have never seen a tablet pc, wireless mouse, or even heard of using a smartphone to remotely control a pc? All the stuff that this guy did could have been done better and more efficiently with non Apple products TEN YEARS AGO. I think the lawyer has the ego of Steve Jobs and the brain of a gnat, especially to have a whole site named maclitigator. I sure as hell wouldn't hire him, it looks like he finally figured out the technology of 20 years ago today.

2zao

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009
could have used ANY decent tablet... didnt have to be an iPAD

i wouldnt diss the lawyer for using iPAD though... diss him for the macbook... the iPAD is just a result of the macbook because apple products go together
is actually brilliant to use tablet in court over a traditional laptop

cj_online

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
[citation][nom]mavanhel[/nom]So, the iPad is capable of showing a presentation. Good for it I suppose, but seriously, laptops do the job just as well. This guy is probably just an idiot since he doesn't know how to hook a laptop up to a VGA cable.[/citation]
The iPad presentation application is much better than anything laptops have.... yes Powerpoint and others are decent, but not as style/design oriented as the iPad's keynote software.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Hearing all this propaganda for Apple is very disconcerting. The moron could have used one of the many tablet computing devices that have been in the market for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.