iphone 3gs lcd only shows the apple logo failing to reboot

Phineas Sithole

Estimable
Jul 4, 2014
I tried to restore factory settings and it gave me an option to delete apple and I deleted it now it is failing to reboot only showing the apple logo what should I do to fix the problem

Solution
Try a Reset... press the home and sleep/lock buttons until you see the Apple logo, ignoring the slider. Takes about 5-15 secs of button holding.

or

Connect the iPhone's USB cable to your computer, but not your iPhone.
Turn your iPhone off. If the phone won't turn off in the traditional manner, just keep holding the buttons until the screen goes dark.
Once you've turned the device off, press the home button on the face of the device and plug in the USB cable to the device's dock connector.
When it turns on, keep pressing the home button until the iTunes logo appears on the screen.
You'll know the phone is now in recovery mode because a window in iTunes will tell you.
You can then start the restore process by clicking the "Restore"...

das_stig

Distinguished
Try a Reset... press the home and sleep/lock buttons until you see the Apple logo, ignoring the slider. Takes about 5-15 secs of button holding.

or

Connect the iPhone's USB cable to your computer, but not your iPhone.
Turn your iPhone off. If the phone won't turn off in the traditional manner, just keep holding the buttons until the screen goes dark.
Once you've turned the device off, press the home button on the face of the device and plug in the USB cable to the device's dock connector.
When it turns on, keep pressing the home button until the iTunes logo appears on the screen.
You'll know the phone is now in recovery mode because a window in iTunes will tell you.
You can then start the restore process by clicking the "Restore" button in the iTunes window

Solution