iPhone 8 Plus vs. Galaxy Note 8 Camera Face-Off: Apple Has the Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer7710

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017
Saying one electronic device is "better" than the other is often misleading. The fact is: it depends on the needs of the user. Thus, I urge potential buyers to pay close attention to what features and aspects of the iPhone led to it being crowned "best". You may or may not ever use certain features and therefore you may be paying a significantly greater premium just so you can have the "best".

rlsmith00481

Prominent
Sep 22, 2017
That's bias report and nothing said about price to performance. Picture quality needs to be evaluated correctly and this report does not do that, see other comparisons that do not favor the IPhone.

peresd

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
I think the Galaxy pictures are better more realistic. The iphone pictures are unnaturally too sharp.

matthew.maurer

Prominent
Sep 12, 2017
RLSMITH, it's not biased--it's just an opinion. That's why it's called a review. You're not analyzing quantitative data here. Chill out, Android Fanboy.

pauldhinze

Prominent
Sep 22, 2017
What? The colors and contrast on the iPhone are better in almost every example. Even some of them that were awarded to the Note 8, I would argue are being quite generous. That said, that is just my opinion, and this post is also an opinion. If you like how the Note 8's photos look, great. No one is going to switch from Samsung to Apple based on this stuff, and to assume it's biased just because it doesn't match your preference is silly.

bholt6

Prominent
Sep 22, 2017
The Note 8 portrait mode photo looks terrible in the review. I haven't had a single one turn out that bad on my Note 8.

markus9229

Prominent
Sep 22, 2017
Um, I expected Apple to have the edge with the camera department but I'm calling BS on the portrait mode one. I was skeptical with some of the others but there's something really wrong in the portrait mode one. I have a Note 8 and none of my pictures look as bad as that. They look very similar to the iPhone ones. I'm not saying the Note 8 is better, just that something is not right with some of the pictures taken for the review and especially with that one.

peresd

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012

peresd

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Listen chum I have android phones,apple phones ,and ipads.I'm not slavishly tied to any ecosystem, and just don't run out and buy something just because it's made by a specific manufacturer.

mark_887797

Honorable
Sep 22, 2017
The pics were altered. Dismissing brand loyalty, one might get a different result. Better still, do a blind photo sample test. The results will surprise the Apple sheeple.

mark_887797

Honorable
Sep 22, 2017
Bogus!

@MATTHEW.MAURER, why are you defending RLSMITH? It's an opinion if one is doing an independent review and not being compensated for it. Otherwise, it's not an opinion.

As for me, I really don't like Samsung's ethics and values. However, I will call it as I see it. Too many people are biased for one particular brand that they just can't be objective. That's why we need blind tests done to give a much more accurate result.

These links provided are paid endorsements. How else did they get their hands on an iPhone before it was released to the public? The expectation by Apple is to leave a rather favorable review. Some of the sample photos look rigged to me. The Note 8 portrait mode is atrocious. Using the feature paints a completely different picture. These articles are slanted toward Apple.

As we have seen, most phones take decent pictures in normal light. What sets a good camera phone from others is it's low light performance. There is no way an iPhone can beat a Samsung because Samsung 8 has a faster lens which is better in low light, regardless of any processing adjustments. If the iPhone beats the Samsung 8s, then it's rather obvious., The results were altered.

trob6969

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
Anybody who is familiar with recent Samsung phones knows what's going on with all the 'inaccurate' colors in the phones' photos: its NOT the camera, its the out-of-the-box display setting that exaggerates colors a bit to make images look more vibrantly pleasing to the eye. This setting can easily be switched to others, including one called 'basic' which doesn't tweak any of the colors of the images shown on the phones' displays...What these reviewers should do is run the photos from the cameras being compared into the same external display of a computer or tv.

vishal.sekariah

Honorable
Oct 2, 2017
Something is wrong with the note 8 portrait pics. U probably didnt clean the lens. It gets dirty thanks to fingerprint sensor. Even my a series takes better portrait then the ones here. For the sake of giving an honest review please retake portrait pics from both phones again after cleaning lens and confirm if you get similar results

Status
Not open for further replies.