Iphone active sync with exchange

fuhoser

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
Hello,
I'm trying to work with my IT guy in getting my iphone set up with our exchange 2003 server. We had it working for several days, then he installed SSL on the server and we no longer can get it to work. I get a myriad of errors, either cannot get mail, connection to the server failed, or if I set up the phone differently, i get the error saying my password is incorrect, eventhough I know it is correct. Any help out there woudl be awesome as this is starting to wear on me.

m1ke1115

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010

Probably too late at this point but make sure that your server name or IP address is set correctly and Use SSL is checked within the email settings of your exchange account on your iphone.

If OWA is available to you then try to access that within the web browser. If you can't then it's probably a server side issue which your IT guy will have to resolve.

fuhoser

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
Not too late. The server name is correct, ssl is on, and I can access OWA just fine from the iPhone. We've followed several tutorials and made sure that the correct ports are open...

Is this a 3G and 2003 Exchange conflict? Also, sometimes, we get it all set up, everything seems fine, we get no errors, but emails dont come and my phone gets super hot and the battery drains in about 2 hours. Is this from the phone constantly trying to connect to the server?

m1ke1115

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
Shouldn't be any conflicts with that configuration because we are running Exchange 2003 with iPhone 3G with no issues whatsoever.

About the only thing I could think of if all the settings on the phone are confirmed would be to make sure all the Mobile Services settings are checked within Exchange System Manager.

One other thing to check now that I think about it is to make sure Push is enabled on the phone. Go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> Fetch New Data. Push should be turned on and your Exchange account should be set to push as well. You can check this by going to advanced within that same settings section. Then as I mentioned make sure Direct Push over HTTP(s) is checked within Mobile Services on the exchange server.

Good luck.

fuhoser

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
Thanks for the input, still no dice. Is it possible to send a list or screenshot over of everything that you had to change to enable iphone to work with SSL and/or exchange 2003? Like I said, it was working before we installed the SSL on the exchange, but as soon as that was enabled, it broke on my iphone.

I now get no error messages, exchange account was verified, just no mail comes in and the phone gets hot. I have SSL and push enabled on the iphone. I tried sending mail and I got an error, "An error occurred while delivering this message." Then it just sits in my outbox.

bfunk_nme

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
Do you get a red adress bar in IE 7-8 or firefox when going to the OWA url from an external device?

Does your company have an internal wifi connection that you might be able to connect your phone to and see if it works there?

Could be a few things wrong, dns, ssl are the two most common issues.