iPhone Dev-Team Secretly Releases 3GS Jailbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisIsMe

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
OK, so now if you're in the US, you can go from at&t to T-Mobile. Wow, that sounds like a huge downgrade. Wait, hasn't someone already said this before? Heh heh heh, who cares anyways. It's an iPhone. They release updates for them all the time. If you hack it they fix it. Then you have to hack it again.

Sounds pointless to me. Other than some specific and minor locale issues (meaning that sometimes your house may be 1 mile closer to a Verizon tower than it is to an at&t tower), at&t offers pretty much top of the line service. If nothing else it's at least on par with what Verizon offers. And I'm sorry to break it to you Sprint guys, you don't have near the coverage as the top two companies. Just looking at any of their official coverage maps will tell you that much. T-Mobile is even worse.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]vant[/nom]They secretly released it? It's on their homepage.[/citation]
Show me the link man... there is no information on the devs web site. the have the official torrent link http://thepiratebay.org/user/iphonedev/
where it is updated but not a word about 3Gs redsnow 8

I read about this earlier today... here http://www.zodttd.com/blog/

Also... Who cares about Ultrasnow to unlock the carrier UNLESS you are leaving the country and want local calling. I just wanted redsnow 8 to get cydia and all my roms back.

Jazzmain

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Honestly the only reason I'd mess with the phone would be for a few things, Adobe Flash, PDF Reader and personal customization of dashboard.

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
hmm weird... i secretly knew about this from other secret highly confidential gizmod... i mean high security websites about 3 days ago.

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]thisisme[/nom]OK, so now if you're in the US, you can go from at&t to T-Mobile. Wow, that sounds like a huge downgrade. Wait, hasn't someone already said this before? Heh heh heh, who cares anyways. It's an iPhone. They release updates for them all the time. If you hack it they fix it.[/citation]
Updates are not forced on you, just be patient and you can get the update after the crack is released. Most iPhone owners actually look forward to new updates.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
Speaking for myself...
I found it humorous that i had a vid camera on my 3g because i got it from Cydia but apple didnt release one (still even.
I found it humorous i could customise almost everything appearance wise.
It was also nice to enable backgrounding. I can't live without 5 icon doc. I love that i can store files on the phone like a flash drive... Hiding the garbage icons apple force-feeds on you is a nice feature as well.

My question for everyone would be... WHY WOULDN'T you jailbrk your phone?

There is only 1 single downside which is when a new apple OS update is release you need to wait to get it or lose your jailbrk. MINOR, because the items apple will add i already have! like cut and paste, i had that 8 months ago, everyone else got it 2 weeks ago.

BUT THE #1 REASON TO JAILBRK YOUR IPHONE --> F**k Apple.

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
I found it humorous i could customise almost everything appearance wise.
Dude, it runs on a stripped down version of OSX which in turn that's based on BSD. You know that when you have BSD it's just itching to be hacked/customized :D

Any ways, Apple stole most of the code for OSX, all they did was slap in a nice GUI, put the hardware together,etc. The hard work was already done.

BUT THE #1 REASON TO JAILBRK YOUR IPHONE --> F**k Apple.
+1. Screw them :D

Grims

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
The original discoverer of the hole, George Hotz, grew impatient with Dev-Team's reluctance to release the software hack and released his own tool – dubbed purplera1n – to jailbreak the iPhone 3GS. Unfortunately, the initial release was less than perfect and lead to some compatibility issues.

The latest release of purplera1n is very stable. Just used it my self on Win 7

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
Grims you can get redsnow 8 for the 3Gs now (win+mac)... It is superior. But i guess if purplera1n is workin for ya.. why bother changeing.
http://thepiratebay.org/user/iphonedev/

Status
Not open for further replies.