iPhone is freezing up after last update

pg021988

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
What's up everyone!

So I updated my iPhone when iOS 7.1.2 came out and ever since I have been having issues ever since with my phone freezing for about 30 seconds to a minute, mostly when I am text messaging. Also, it is guaranteed to happen when ever I try to zoom in and try to choose my text location. A lot of the time I have to kill the messaging app. I have already tried restarting my iPhone and also restoring it.

I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue, or if they know any solution to it?

Thank you,
Pg021988

Solution

the only recurring crash issue under iOS 7.x i know of is the "hard crash when receiving a call" bug. That one is common on the 4s, 5 and 5s... I've had that one, i have a friend who has that one. Really inconvenient... especially since it locks your phone up for about 3 minutes and if you're really unlucky will wipe your phone back to factory defaults.

Of course i say that's the only one... but that's a huge freakin' crash. If that type of problem happened for over a year on...

kajjot

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
If you have restored firmware via recovery mode then there isn't much more you can do.
Oh and make sure you don't do restore from PC as this can bring back all the problems.
Book an appointment at genius bar and if it's under warranty the they will most likely replace it.
Also check settings>general>about>diagnostic
See if there are any crash reports.

pg021988

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
There seems to be quite a bit under diagnostic and usage data. I have no idea what I am looking at, however under one of the reports it states "crashreporterkey". there is about seven of these. Lastly, I forgot to mention my phone is an iPhone 5s

ingtar33

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

the only recurring crash issue under iOS 7.x i know of is the "hard crash when receiving a call" bug. That one is common on the 4s, 5 and 5s... I've had that one, i have a friend who has that one. Really inconvenient... especially since it locks your phone up for about 3 minutes and if you're really unlucky will wipe your phone back to factory defaults.

Of course i say that's the only one... but that's a huge freakin' crash. If that type of problem happened for over a year on ANDRIOD phones there would be a general inquisition and google would be pilloried. Not sure why more isn't made of THAT pain in the backside crashbug. I guess apple fans will put up with anything. ~ don't get me wrong, there is a ton to like about my iphone, in many ways i've never seen an andriod phone that will match it. But it's not perfect, and this crash bug is just one of many little instability bugs I've seen on iphone that simply don't exist on andriod (not since 4.1 anyway).

I have both a nexus 7 and a ipad... i hate to say it but right now andriod seems to be the more stable platform. Apple just hide their crashes better then andriod does. when an apple ap crashes you get no error messages, it just bounces you out of the app like you hit the home button. When an andriod ap crashes you get an error message of some sort before being bounced back to the homescreen. In my experience apple aps crash a heck of a lot more then andriod ones.

Anyway, my experience on iphone has me convinced my next phone will probably be a galaxy note 3 or 4 or whatever model is out when I make the jump. can't deal with the crap battery life anymore on this iphone any longer. (its even worse on the 5s I've seen, part of why i didn't upgrade)

Solution