Question iPhone optimised charging & holiday

Feb 23, 2024
Apple Store reset my iPhone back to factory settings last week.

I am going on holiday tomorrow for ten days.

Will my iPhone continue to learn my usual location and charging patterns when I get back home, or will I need to reset the device and start over in order for battery optimised charging to work as it’s not currently had enough time to learn?

Thank you.

Reactions: Farhan sabab
Solution
Hey there! It's great to hear that you're taking advantage of battery optimized charging to preserve your iPhone's battery health. When your iPhone was reset to factory settings, it likely reset some of the learned behaviors, including your usual location and charging patterns.

However, fear not! Your iPhone will continue to learn your habits over time, albeit it might take a bit longer since it's starting from scratch. It's designed to adapt and optimize its performance based on your usage patterns.

While you're on holiday, your iPhone may not have enough data to fully learn your usual behavior, but once you return home and start using it regularly, it should gradually adapt and optimize charging based on your routine.

In the...
Feb 23, 2024
If optimised battery charging never worked, would you guys go through the hassle of resetting it back to factory settings and installing everything again?

My iPhone’s optimised battery charging used to work but Apple reset the device. I then went on holiday for ten days so it didn’t get a chance to learn my charging habits. I’m worried now it won’t learn my patterns when I get back and kick in.

Mar 29, 2024
Hey there! It's great to hear that you're taking advantage of battery optimized charging to preserve your iPhone's battery health. When your iPhone was reset to factory settings, it likely reset some of the learned behaviors, including your usual location and charging patterns.

However, fear not! Your iPhone will continue to learn your habits over time, albeit it might take a bit longer since it's starting from scratch. It's designed to adapt and optimize its performance based on your usage patterns.

While you're on holiday, your iPhone may not have enough data to fully learn your usual behavior, but once you return home and start using it regularly, it should gradually adapt and optimize charging based on your routine.

In the meantime, you can manually enable battery optimized charging in the Settings app to ensure your iPhone's battery health is preserved as much as possible during your absence.

Safe travels and enjoy your holiday.

Reactions: WinSoft
Solution
Mar 29, 2024
If optimised battery charging never worked, would you guys go through the hassle of resetting it back to factory settings and installing everything again?

My iPhone’s optimised battery charging used to work but Apple reset the device. I then went on holiday for ten days so it didn’t get a chance to learn my charging habits. I’m worried now it won’t learn my patterns when I get back and kick in.
Hey there! It's understandable to be concerned about battery optimization after a factory reset and a prolonged absence. While it's frustrating that your iPhone's optimized battery charging feature reset along with the device, there are a few steps you can take to help it relearn your charging habits.

Firstly, give it some time once you're back home to settle back into your regular routine. Your iPhone is designed to adapt and learn over time, so it may take a bit longer since it's starting fresh.

Additionally, consider manually enabling battery optimized charging in the Settings app to ensure your iPhone's battery health is prioritized, even as it continues to learn your habits.

If you're still experiencing issues or have concerns about the feature not working as intended, it may be worth reaching out to Apple Support for further assistance.

Wishing you the best of luck getting your iPhone back on track with its battery optimization!

Reactions: WinSoft
Feb 23, 2024
Hey there! It's understandable to be concerned about battery optimization after a factory reset and a prolonged absence. While it's frustrating that your iPhone's optimized battery charging feature reset along with the device, there are a few steps you can take to help it relearn your charging habits.

Firstly, give it some time once you're back home to settle back into your regular routine. Your iPhone is designed to adapt and learn over time, so it may take a bit longer since it's starting fresh.

Additionally, consider manually enabling battery optimized charging in the Settings app to ensure your iPhone's battery health is prioritized, even as it continues to learn your habits.

If you're still experiencing issues or have concerns about the feature not working as intended, it may be worth reaching out to Apple Support for further assistance.

Wishing you the best of luck getting your iPhone back on track with its battery optimization!
Thank you very much for your help!

Feb 23, 2024

In the meantime, you can manually enable battery optimized charging in the Settings app to ensure your iPhone's battery health is preserved as much as possible during your absence.

Safe travels and enjoy your holiday.
Thank you.