iPod Shuffles Get Colorful, Steely Special Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronRyan21

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
[citation][nom]bigalfantasy2004[/nom]I still don't see a screen. Not interested.[/citation]

Then don't get one. Shuffles aren't meant to have screens. They fill a certain niche in Apple's lineup of iPods. Great for jogging and working.

naterandrews

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
I'm torn on the new Shuffle. Apple lost me on the closed out concept regarding their then proprietary earbud tech. I've got a great, and cheap, pair of Creative headphones and recently bought the last gen Shuffle instead.

Until Shuffle moves away from on-headphone controls, I guess it's a 2nd Zen Stone or another older Shuffle for me..

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
the Sansa clips are much better deals for cheaper money. They have had a 4GB model for a while but since they are not Apple, no one knows about them.

thackstonns

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
I am sorry, but I read all the news that came out of the apple event, and I came up with one conclusion, was it really necessary to have the event. I didnt hear anything that was revolutionary. Most of it was just minor refreshes. Nothing excited. I wanted to be excited, but I just couldnt get there.

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
[citation][nom]IronRyan21[/nom]Then don't get one. Shuffles aren't meant to have screens. They fill a certain niche in Apple's lineup of iPods. Great for jogging and working.[/citation]

Yeah, the same one that sansa clips fill. But with a screen, more features and no apple tax.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]naterandrews[/nom]I'm torn on the new Shuffle. Apple lost me on the closed out concept regarding their then proprietary earbud tech. I've got a great, and cheap, pair of Creative headphones and recently bought the last gen Shuffle instead. Until Shuffle moves away from on-headphone controls, I guess it's a 2nd Zen Stone or another older Shuffle for me..[/citation]

What do you do with these things, eat them like candy? How many tiny MP3 players do you need? I hope they don't keep dying on you, that would convince me to look at another brand.

Never understood why different colors, shapes, styles, etc.. convince people to replace something they already have, which is still working just fine. On the other hand, I never understood why people kept buying the original iPod when it had max 18-months of battery life and forced you to pay $90 just to replace it. I guess thats why I have money in the bank and most people just have credit card debt.

trih

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
[citation][nom]thackstonns[/nom]I am sorry, but I read all the news that came out of the apple event, and I came up with one conclusion, was it really necessary to have the event. I didnt hear anything that was revolutionary. Most of it was just minor refreshes. Nothing excited. I wanted to be excited, but I just couldnt get there.[/citation]
Most events aren't revolutionary. People have way too high (and in most cases unrealistic) expectations due to the rumors.
I don't think it should come as a suprise to anyone that the crowd who reads tomshardware doesn't like apple :) Doesn't quite go well with "I want to mess with the hardware of my computers".

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Discontinue the Shuffle, it's a waste of time or money. There is a good point made at the fact that you can't swap out the headphones because the controls are built into the Apple earbuds but my counter point would be: If you want to swap out the Apple earbuds for "higher quality" headphones, what are you doing with a Shuffle (meant for people on a budget)?

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
[citation][nom]doomtomb[/nom]Discontinue the Shuffle, it's a waste of time or money. There is a good point made at the fact that you can't swap out the headphones because the controls are built into the Apple earbuds but my counter point would be: If you want to swap out the Apple earbuds for "higher quality" headphones, what are you doing with a Shuffle (meant for people on a budget)?[/citation]
People on a budget? My counter argument to that would be that the Sansa Clip is cheaper (and better) per GB. And with those, if you loose the earbuds you can replace them with any cheap pair instead of having to pay 30 dollars or whatever Apple charges for their earbuds. Honestly I don't think people on a budget should ever be looking at Apple products in the first place.

thackstonns

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
[citation][nom]trih[/nom]Most events aren't revolutionary. People have way too high (and in most cases unrealistic) expectations due to the rumors.I don't think it should come as a suprise to anyone that the crowd who reads tomshardware doesn't like apple Doesn't quite go well with "I want to mess with the hardware of my computers".[/citation]

really, most events arnt revolutionary. lets see what they have done so far. Released ipod, Color screen, video, nano, iphone, ipod touch, most of apple's events have pushed the envelope. This one has nothing but minor refreshes at best. Now I don't use an ipod, and dont own one. (waiting for the new zune). So no one can call me an apple fanboy, but apple does innovate and push the competition. This event was just flat. And as far as no camera for the touch. I will tell you why master jobs didnt put one in. Because he wants people to buy the iphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.