IPod Touch 1st-gen 16gb

shovenose

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009
i got this from a friend, and he gave it to me cuz it didnt work. so here i am, trying to get it fixed.
I dont konw the password either, and now i says "ipod is disabled connect to itunes", but the ipod wont charge and my computer wont recgnize it. i tried the same usb port and cable with my iphone 3g 8gb, and itunes opens up and all is well. but this ipod wont even show up on the computer, as if it isnt connected. the ipod doesnt charge, whether its connected to the copmuter, the apple iphone charger, or the griffin ipod charger that i have from several years ago. none work.
however, when i have the ipod completely off, and i plug the cable into it, the apple logo comes up and it turns on. however, it doesnt charge and still isnt showing up on the computer.

and when i go into recovery mode, by pressing the home button and inserting the usb cable, it gives me the little itunes logo and the charger cord thing like its supposed to. so then i connect it to the pc and it just stays there and windows doesnt make the device inserted sound and it doesnt show up... DESPERATE HELP ME PLEASE! thank you so much!
and sorry about the long post :)