IPod Touch 4th Gen (Informative Rant)

jonnyshatter

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
Comments & Discussion welcome...

So when apple announced their new ipod line-up, i was so excited :pt1cable: ! i own a 1st gen, and it was perfect time for a upgrade. Tons of great features including:

Front and rear cameras. Rear capable of 720p (HD) recording at 30 fps.
Retina Display- 326ppi (pixels- per inch)
Apples iphone 4-signature A4 processor at 1ghz- also assuming it'd have 512mb ram like iphone 4.

BUT...

What apple didnt want you to know- by very careful choice of words is:

front camera: same resolution (VGA) as iphoone 4- GOOD
rear camera video: 1280 x 720 (HD) video- SWEET
rear camera still picture: only 960 x 720- which translates to: @#$% .69mp #$%!
Thats not even a full megapixel!!!!! i cant remember the last phone that had a 0.7mp camera. my htc evo has an 8mp camera! whatever...
retina display- OOH LA LA
no ips retina display like ipad and iphone 4. just a tn retina display. google it. basically just viewing angle, but still... really apple?
recent teardown also proves to be only 256mb of ram... - SHITTY
and finally...
although it has the 1ghz A4 processor like the iphone 4, who is to say its not locked at an unerclocked frequency. the iphone 4's is. so im sure this one is too. and probably even more than the iphone 4's. -BULLSHIT

*END RANT* :hello:

just some useful info to those blown away like me, what youre really getting. so you dont get something, and expected something thats not there...

jonnyshatter

flyingpete

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010

Do you know if it is still the higher resolution screen, I thought retina display was more about resolution (DPI) rather than viewing angle or IPS vs TN?

p4nz3rm4d

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Not to be an Apple fanboy, but are there any *REAL* problems/flaws with it? I mean, the camera might be #$%&, but its better than nothing! The reason i ask is that im getting 1 soon, because i cant find anything to match it! I was looking @ the Zune HD, but it just cant compare!!!

Any thoughts?

corsairmaster

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
I know how you feel. I have one of those shitty ass ipod 4s and they suck shit. A small drop will break the screen. Horrible battery life. Extreme lag. and it just sucks. Luckily mine got stolen the other day and now i use nexus 4