Aidan Sweeney

Estimable
Mar 1, 2014
This just creeped the living daylight out of me. [I freak out sort of easily...and I love my electronics]

I watch a lot of YouTube videos on my iPod touch. I was just looking through one of my playlists. Then, all of a sudden, I see some red lines on the left side of my screen. I lock my iPod. The screen turns off and the red lines go away. I did not turn it back on because I wasn't sure what would happen.

This has never happened before.

Specifications:
Device: iPod touch [5th generation]
Capacity: 16 GB [I have the May 2013 model, not the June 2014 model, where they added the camera and loop, I don't have those]
Color: Slate [it might be called Space Grey, not sure; this is the only color available for the 2013 model, the June 2014 update added the full range of colors]
Operating system: iOS 7.1.1 [better update soon, I don't have much storage left, and the update isn't really anything I'm that concerned about]
Jailbreak status: Not jailbroken at all

I have only had this since Christmas 2013 [12/25/13]. I got it for Christmas.

Any suggestions on what I should do? if it costs anything, make sure it's under $100.

Aidan Sweeney

Estimable
Mar 1, 2014

Both of the posts include red lines, but nothing else happened. My iPod screen did not go black, but I locked it. later that night, I tried to press the home button, nothing. It must have turned itself off.

heman0286

Estimable
Jul 28, 2014
if nothing is happening try this....

recovery mode:
1. connect the ipod to a computer
2. press and hold the power button for 10 sec
3. press home button for 10 seconds, do not release the power button yet
4. after 10 seconds release the power button, keep pressing the home button
5. when you hear a sound, release the button and wait.
6. itunes will tell to restore it, do not do anything.
7. just wait 10 minutes in order to allow the battery to charge, then press the power button or press it for a few seconds
8. the iPod will restart, all should be normal, no data loss