IRS Doesn't Need a Warrant To Read Your Email?

Status
Not open for further replies.

senkasaw

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
Email isn't a secure means of communication to begin with, so...who cares? Now, when they believe they can try to install sniffers on my system to snake my decryption keys without my knowledge...I will get ticked.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Simple solution - use encryption. If you are worred about the government then you shouldn't be trusting your ISP either. Use GnuPG/PGP or S/MIME. The only probiem is that they work better if you are using an email client, not webmail.

G

Mine is encrypted anyway so good luck reading it. Smarter than the man.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
lol like the federal government or anything federal at all can ever get ANYTHING actually USEFUL passed. They need money from big business before they decide to work for a couple hours a week.

ipwn3r456

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
Years later internet censorship will become just the same as North Korea.... All those BS SOPA, PIPA, Copyrigth Alert System, CISPA... What's next?

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
The Facebook thing... yeah, it's literally called a wall. You tell me how secure the stuff you pin on a wall at work is. Facebook is not a place you go looking for privacy - it just isn't. The e-mail thing though, I don't think they really have the right to do that. We could have a huge legal class on that though, being that in this country you mention taxes and you scare people into hysteria so quick not be paying enough attention to know what the IRS is doing.

oj88

Honorable
May 23, 2012
What's the difference does it make? Everyone can read my emails freely, including FBI, CIA, hackers, my son and my wife, now the IRS. However, no one can get any useful information from an old-poor-retired engineer.

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
They can have fun digging thru my 10,000+ unopened spam emails in my inbox. I hope they at least delete the spam emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.