Is 82deg c Max Load CPU temperature okay??

dgbkiller

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
My configuration:
HP Pavilion G6 2313ax,
AMD A10-4600m Quad 3.2GHz Turbo
AMD HD 7660G (512MB)+AMD HD 7670m (2GB) Dual Graphics
6GB DDR3 1600MHZ RAM
Also have a cooler master Notepal L1 laptop cooler.

Usage: 2 to 4 hours on somedays and mostly awitched off on others.

So i was playing some heavy games like Grid 2 at HIGH settings and getting 50 fps@720p and GPU is at 100%.
My CPU Thermal margin was -12,(Overdrive AMD) and Speefan showed 82 degC. Also my integrated graphics (7660g) showed 82deg.
My discrete GPU 7670m showed a max temperature of 74 degC, during most times.

Note: IDLE Temperature CPU sits around 35-42degC and

Is this temp okay for my laptop. No thermal shutdowns so far.

Help me out. can i continue using it like this..

Solution
That's fine. Laptop processors are designed with high thermal limits because they usually have terrible cooling systems (or may be thrown on a bed with little air getting through it). Some systems even share a heat pipe between the graphics card and CPU to a single fan, but the HPs I've had tend to have decent cooling systems compared to the rest.

The A10's design limit is 105C.

Definitely keep it on the chill pad when gaming. Depending on the design of the bottom of the laptop, you may want to look into a chill pad that also aims air at the hard drive - they really don't like getting too hot. I have a Cooler Master with a giant fan in it that basically keeps the entire bottom of my very hot Arrandale Dell Studio (notoriously poor...

dudeman509

Estimable
Jan 23, 2015
That's fine. Laptop processors are designed with high thermal limits because they usually have terrible cooling systems (or may be thrown on a bed with little air getting through it). Some systems even share a heat pipe between the graphics card and CPU to a single fan, but the HPs I've had tend to have decent cooling systems compared to the rest.

The A10's design limit is 105C.

Definitely keep it on the chill pad when gaming. Depending on the design of the bottom of the laptop, you may want to look into a chill pad that also aims air at the hard drive - they really don't like getting too hot. I have a Cooler Master with a giant fan in it that basically keeps the entire bottom of my very hot Arrandale Dell Studio (notoriously poor cooling) pretty cool.

Solution