Is Apple Terribly Undervalued? A Fund Manager Thinks So

Status
Not open for further replies.

gus1991

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
[citation][nom]theconsolegamer[/nom]Undervalued? You have to be shitting me! Doesn't Apple's worth is beyond the whole U.S. as a country? You have to be SHITTING ME![/citation]

Dude it's just another Apple fanboy expressing his obsession. lololol

theconsolegamer

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
[citation][nom]gus1991[/nom]Dude it's just another Apple fanboy expressing his obsession. lololol[/citation]
Aren't we getting much of this lately?

jezus53

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
It's not undervalued, this is how the people feel about the company. There is no secret ploy to bring down apple stock, people are buying and selling at the value they set Apple to be at. Just because you think it should be more doesn't mean it should be, cause I certainly think around 400 bucks a share is ridiculous. Plus, the economy is still in a slump, gone are the days of $1000+ google stock. He's just butt hurt that he bought stock at over 400 and now it's under.

mcd023

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
And here I thought it was overvalued (maybe just their products). But it makes sense if the company is 7x larger than 3yrs ago, but stock increased 81%. You would think it'd be more, maybe like 200%-300% over 3yrs.

gus1991

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
[citation][nom]mcd023[/nom]And here I thought it was overvalued (maybe just their products). But it makes sense if the company is 7x larger than 3yrs ago, but stock increased 81%. You would think it'd be more, maybe like 200%-300% over 3yrs.[/citation]

It's because (some) people are starting to realize that maybe the company is trying to squeeze every dollar they can out of their stupidly blinded customers. 3...3G...3GS...4...4S. Come on, seriously? All you that convince yourself that you that "zomggg, i gotta have the next iphone" are seriously mentally impaired. Apple is a joke, they had their rise but what goes up must come down. At least that's what i heard somewhere...

phate

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
Is XXXXX Terribly Undervalued? A Fund Manager Thinks So.

Replace XXXXX with any company around, and the title probably still holds. Fund Managers are ubiquitous and most struggle to match index returns.

kristoffe

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
It's funny how people are obsessed about "the 99%" and Apple promotes the image of the "1%" in it's own ass backwards way. Apple "genius'" really? No virii? No trojans? Oops not those, let's reword it. All glass shopping centers globally with specially made expensive tempered panels. Overly priced brushed aluminum nonsense. "it's easier to edit graphics...audio...on a mac" #derptards

Apple's push of image thoroughly disgusts me as a techie and as an artist as well. I love smooth shapes at times, but the whole "smooth is future" is really a narrow unimaginative point of view. So is the cult of apple, and the apptards who regurgitate nonsense over and over. It's like mormons with magical pants. I really dislike the rabid attempts non techies attempt to babble about apple and then retort with "well I'm not as knowledgeable as you..." wait I thought you were a genius?

Seriously, in a world where so many people complain about overspending to have an American image of a computer company obsessed with overvalued products and blatant lies to read this opinion that big apple needs to be even more valued makes me want to vomit or slap the next apptard across the forehead with a rubber chicken.

I can't express with enough glee that samsung's ads are so on point about the absurdity of apptards. Thank you samsung, so very much.

#trollbegonenow

DEY123

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
Actually Stock price is supposed to reflect the future value of a company not just its current value. So perhaps 3 years ago investors could see that apple would make a big run and already had it priced accordingly. The current value is based on what people think the company looks like now and for the future. Growth should already be priced in. Stocks should make price adjustments as their current and future value is adjusted but as an example if Apple meets its rev, profit, sales, sales projection figures then it should not change in price as it met expectation (and that expectation should have been priced in already).

I think the challenge apple has is it operates in a market that can grow (as the world population of middle class grows) However, there competitor base is also growing.

gus1991

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
[citation][nom]kristoffe[/nom]It's funny how people are obsessed about "the 99%" and Apple promotes the image of the "1%" in it's own ass backwards way. Apple "genius'" really? No virii? No trojans? Oops not those, let's reword it. All glass shopping centers globally with specially made expensive tempered panels. Overly priced brushed aluminum nonsense. "it's easier to edit graphics...audio...on a mac" #derptardsApple's push of image thoroughly disgusts me as a techie and as an artist as well. I love smooth shapes at times, but the whole "smooth is future" is really a narrow unimaginative point of view. So is the cult of apple, and the apptards who regurgitate nonsense over and over. It's like mormons with magical pants. I really dislike the rabid attempts non techies attempt to babble about apple and then retort with "well I'm not as knowledgeable as you..." wait I thought you were a genius?Seriously, in a world where so many people complain about overspending to have an American image of a computer company obsessed with overvalued products and blatant lies to read this opinion that big apple needs to be even more valued makes me want to vomit or slap the next apptard across the forehead with a rubber chicken.I can't express with enough glee that samsung's ads are so on point about the absurdity of apptards. Thank you samsung, so very much.#trollbegonenow[/citation]

As my man Charlie would say, "Winning." Very well said sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.