Is BIOSAgentPlus safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WK95

Estimable
Nov 21, 2014
As many of you know, CPU-Z by CPU-ID is a very good tool by legitimate developers. However, when I press "Tools" on the bottom and press "check for BIOS update" I get taken a website that has CPUID on the top left (but doesn't actually link to CPUID by the way) and says "Optimize your PC with BIOSAgentPlus. On the bottom of the website, it says eSupport.com who I believe is the developer of the program. When I go to esupport.com, they list BIOSAgentPlus as one of their software but BIOSAgentPlus, oddly enough, has it's own website called biosagentplus.com.

I don't know about it but it just comes off as shady. All of esupport's programs offer a "Free scan" and a "Buy Now" button on their website. This is only too reminiscent of the infamous MyCleanPC. After all, the industry of programs that claim to boost your performance in some way or the another is rife with scammers.

So, is BIOSAgentPlus a legitimate piece of software?

Pinhedd

Distinguished

Nope.

The only way to determine if there's a new firmware revision available is to check directly with the manufacturer. Some manufacturers such as Asus have a software tool that will do so for their motherboards though.

agenthunk

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
I fell for it and now i am undoing changes to system and restore properties....
I accidentally deleted documents and picture files and some game saves in my recycle bin...i didn't take time to look again before I did that.
but when I went to documents and pictures later i was like wtf....

those programs driver and bios agent plus..don't fall for it...
I am fixing the errors here.

Status
Not open for further replies.