Is having a lock pattern on my phone enough to protect my data when sending it in for repair?

unoaime

Prominent
Jun 5, 2017
Is having a lock pattern on my phone enough to protect my data when sending it in for repair?

I have a Galaxy S7 thats completely non-responsive. None of the resets work and it won't even response to it's charger. I have online banking on there and passwords to clients websites (i'm a web developer). After reading about a few horror stories i'm a little worried as i can't get on my phone to back stuff up or factory reset before sending in.

Solution
In short, no. When you send a phone to somewhere to get worked on, the people who fix it will have access to the device. Full access, if they can get it working correctly. Also, it is possible (as it happens a lot) that the device can be completely wiped when you send it in, as part of the repair, getting it back to you with your data gone.
In short, no. When you send a phone to somewhere to get worked on, the people who fix it will have access to the device. Full access, if they can get it working correctly. Also, it is possible (as it happens a lot) that the device can be completely wiped when you send it in, as part of the repair, getting it back to you with your data gone.

Solution