Is i5 6300hq with gtx1060 3gb good for gaming ?

Solution

You will get lower performance in games because most games are bottlenecked by the GPU not the CPU. There is not much of a performance difference between a 6th and 7th gen quad core i5 CPU, and the GTX 1050 Ti is definitely less powerful than the GTX 1060. The 3GB of dedicate RAM on the GTX 1060 should be good enough for very high graphic settings, but not enough for ultra high settings.

You can attempt to play games on ultra high settings in modern games, but due to the lack of dedicated RAM (6GB of VRAM is recommended for ultra high), the game will be swapping textures back and forth between the GPU and the hard drive / SSD in areas where a lot of large texture files...
Really depends on how much you are OK with lowering settings in future games. Should be fine for 3 years without having to drop resolution or go to Low settings. I am playing WOW on about Medium settings (4-5 in the new quality scale) on a 2011/2012 Lenovo W520 workstation which is not even a real gaming system and getting 40-60 FPS on 1080 resolution to give you an idea about how well good but older systems age.

lakhanchelani

Prominent
Nov 6, 2017

Will core i5 7300hq with gtx1050ti good or same as 1060?

You will get lower performance in games because most games are bottlenecked by the GPU not the CPU. There is not much of a performance difference between a 6th and 7th gen quad core i5 CPU, and the GTX 1050 Ti is definitely less powerful than the GTX 1060. The 3GB of dedicate RAM on the GTX 1060 should be good enough for very high graphic settings, but not enough for ultra high settings.

You can attempt to play games on ultra high settings in modern games, but due to the lack of dedicated RAM (6GB of VRAM is recommended for ultra high), the game will be swapping textures back and forth between the GPU and the hard drive / SSD in areas where a lot of large texture files need to be loaded into the GPU's RAM. This will cause performance to be lower compared to a GTX 1060 with 6GB of RAM.

Solution