Is Intel I7-6850K 16.0 GB RAM compatible with VR?

Error-404

Prominent
Mar 24, 2017
I'm looking to get VR, and I don't know if my processor is compatible with VR, is it?
My computer specs are: Windows 10 64 bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6850K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s), NVIDIA GeFore GTX 1080, a hard drive with 224 gigabytes, and an SSD with 4 terabytes.
My system model is: Alienware Area-51 R2

Edit: Steam says I'm VR Ready, but NVIDIA says I'm not.

Solution
Your CPU and RAM is more than enough for VR. Your GPU is also very good. Usually for VR a 4-core i7 is the recommended CPU so a 6-core one should be overkill. I don't know why NVIDIA says you aren't. Where are you seeing that? Maybe it's a bug. Update all the NVIDIA software/drivers to their latest versions.

panathas

Estimable
Feb 12, 2014
Your CPU and RAM is more than enough for VR. Your GPU is also very good. Usually for VR a 4-core i7 is the recommended CPU so a 6-core one should be overkill. I don't know why NVIDIA says you aren't. Where are you seeing that? Maybe it's a bug. Update all the NVIDIA software/drivers to their latest versions.

Solution

Error-404

Prominent
Mar 24, 2017

I see it when I check features in NVIDIA Experience, then check VR. I have updated my NVIDIA software/drivers. There's a checkmark next to everything but my i7 processor. It does say "ready" now after updating the software/drivers, though.